This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's August 15, 2021 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 66 winery updates and 49 wineries releasing wine.
Hope your Summer is going well. We have some big news, we are moving to Paris for a year. My wife has to do a lot of work in Europe so we are moving at the end of this month.
Exciting. Long time readers will remember that shortly after getting married in 2008, we moved to Madrid for two years and we have always wanted to return to Europe, so this worked out well.
We will be living in the 7th Arrondissement near Rue Cler made famous by Rick Steve's travel videos (here is one of his Rue Cler videos).
I like the woman in the video who says "Rick, a dinner without a cheese course is not complete" and "We will have some baguette and some special bread for the cheese".
I never knew there was special bread for cheese so I look forward to visiting that boulangerie and trying 'the special bread for cheese'.
Visited Watermark winery owned by Phil and Diane Steinschriber with some friends a few weekends ago just a few miles from us in Howell Mountain.
Phil became the winemaker for Al Brounstein at Diamond Creek Vineyards in 1991 and recently retired and is making his own wine called Watermark from their small vineyard on Howell Mountain.
I highly recommend booking an intimate tasting on the back deck of their home.
From left to right; friends Megan, Mike, me and Diane and Phil in front of their vineyard on Howell Mountain
And now, onto the wine releases...
Upcoming 2021 Wine Releases
August 2021 Wine Releases
- Adobe Road Winery; 2019 Shift Red Blend Zinfandel/Tempranillo/Syrah/Petite Sirah ($63)
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2019 Napa Valley ERA ($310)
- Amigoni Vineyards; 2019 Cabernet Franc
- Arista Winery; 2019 Banfield Vineyard Chardonnay, 2019 Two Birds Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 Harper's Rest Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 Kanzler Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 UV Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Austin Hope Winery; 2019 Paso Robles Red Wine Grenache/Syrah/Mouvedre ($65)
- AXR Winery; 2019 Napa Valley Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay ($90), 2019 Napa Valley Sleeping Lady Cabernet Sauvignon ($215), 2019 Napa Valley Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon ($215)
- B. Kosuge Wines; 2019 Carneros El Galpon Pinot Noir ($30)
- Baca Wines; 2020 Ring Around the Rosé ($8 per 250ml can)
- Brewer-Clifton; 2019 Santa Barbara Ex Post Facto Syrah (112 cases, $36)
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2019 Tempranillo
- Cairdeas Winery; 2020 Columbia Valley Diffraction Red Wine Blend Syrah/Cinsault/Counoise/Mourvèdre/Grenache Noir/Petite Sirah/Alicante Bouschet/Carignan (642 cases)
- Daou Vineyards; 2018 Paso Robles Adelaida District Estate Soul of a Lion Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- DiStefano Wines; NV Sparkling Brut ($39), Sparkling Rose ($39)
- Elliston Vineyards; 2019 California Moscato ($14)
- Failla; 2019 Russian River Valley Olivia Chardonnay ($42), 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Seven Springs Chardonnay ($47), 2019 Sonoma Coast Platt Chardonnay ($55), 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Amity Hills Gamay ($30), 2019 Van Duzer Corridor Cynthian Pinot Noir ($38), 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Seven Springs Pinot Noir ($60), 2019 Chehalem Mountain Vineyard Old Vine Pinot Noir ($65), 2019 Sonoma Coast Peay Pinot Noir ($70), 2019 Sonoma Coast Occidental Ridge Pinot Noir ($80), 2019 Sonoma Coast Occidental Ridge Whole Cluster Pinot Noir ($85), 2019 Sonoma Coast Hirsch Pinot Noir ($85), 2019 Sonoma Coast Platt Pinot Noir ($90), 2019 Fort Ross-Seaview Estate Syrah ($62)
- Gamble Family Vineyards; 2020 Napa Valley Rose (340 cases), 2016 Napa Valley Paramount Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot/Petit Verdo (1,210 cases, $90)
- Greendance; 2020 Saignée of Cabernet Franc
- Helvetia Winery; 2020 Estate Chardonnay
- Hess Collection; 2019 Napa Valley Estate Grown Iron Corral Cabernet Sauvignon ($60)
- J Gregory Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Carneros Pinot Noir ($68)
- Jaine; 2018 Reserve Sauvignon Blanc (420 cases), 2018 Reserve Chardonnay, 2019 Reserve Blanc de Blanc (384 cases)
- Kiona Vineyards Winery; 2018 Red Mountain Legacy Collaboration Cabernet Sauvignon ($100)
- Latta Wines; 2017 Royal Slope Lawrence Vineyard Syrah (96 cases, $45)
- Lewis Cellars; 2019 Alec's Blend, 2019 Ethan's Syrah, 2019 Syrah Napa, 2019 Petite Sirah
- Long Meadow Ranch; 2020 Anderson Valley Rose of Pinot Noir ($26)
- Martin Ray Winery ; 2020 Napa Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($26)
- Melville Vineyards and Winery; 2019 Sta. Rita Hills Estate Blanc de Blancs Chardonnay ($56)
- Newton Vineyard; 2018 Napa Valley Unfiltered Cabernet Sauvignon ($59)
- Ojai Vineyard; 2020 Ventura County Roll Ranch Viognier (110 cases, $34), 2020 Santa Barbara County Kick On Ranch Dry Riesling (252 cases, $28)
- Palmina; 2020 Walker Vineyard Rosato Dolcetto/Barbera (200 cases, $24)
- Paloma Vineyard; 2017 Merlot, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Patland Estate Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Stagecoach Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (296 cases, $200)
- Patrimony Estate; 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (650 cases, $275), 2017 Estate Cabernet Franc (150 cases, $275), 2018 Estate Caves des Lions (371 cases, $275)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Courage Faloni Vineyard Zinfandel
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery; 2018 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2018 Reserve Merlot($65)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2017 Gunselman Bench Cabernet Sauvignon
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Los Carneros Vandal Vineyard Commander Zinskey Zinfandel (119 cases)
- Rosehall Run; 2019 JCR Pinot Noir (500 cases, $42), 2019 Pinot Gris (200 cases, $26)
- Roy Estate; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (554 cases)
- SAMsARA; 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Zotovich Vineyard Syrah ($52)
- Seven Apart; 2019 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Expedition Cabernet Sauvignon
- Seven Stones Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2017 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Three Sticks Winery; 2019 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Chardonnay ($65), 2019 Russian River Valley Alana Vineyard Chardonnay ($75), 2019 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2019 Sonoma Coast Gap’s Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2019 Sonoma Coast Walala Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2019 Russian River Valley William James Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75)
- Van Duzer Vineyards; 2020 Radiance Pinot Gris ($25)
- Villa Creek ; 2019 James Berry Vineyard Roussanne, 2019 James Berry Vineyard High Road, 2019 Avenger Syrah
- Walter Hansel Vineyards; 2019 Three Rows Pinot Noir ($49), 2019 Estate Chardonnay ($25), 2019 Cuvee Alyce Pinot Noir ($49), 2019 Estate Pinot Noir ($41), 2019 Cuvee Alyce Chardonnay ($37), 2019 Meadows Chardonnay ($26), 2019 North Slope Chardonnay ($31), 2019 North Slope Pinot Noir ($46)
- Wood Family Vineyards ; 2019 Grenache, 2019 Livermore Valley Cabernet Franc
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2018 Sparkling
September 2021 Wine Releases
- Bella Oaks; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2019 Howell Mountain Zinfandel
- Devium; 2020 WeatherEye Roussanne ($34), 2020 French Creek Sans Soufre Mourvedre ($34), 2020 Lewis Peak Amphora Riesling ($34), 2019 WeatherEye Red Wine ($50)
- Di Costanzo; 2019 DI CO Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019 Caldwell Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fulcrum Wines; 2020 Carneros Sparkling Rose(126 cases, $59)
- Helvetia Winery; 2020 Estate Pinot Noir
- Lewis Cellars; 2019 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019 Mason's Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019 Merlot, 2020 Napa Chardonnay, 2020 Sonoma Chardonnay
- Lobo Wines; 2018 Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon
- Marston Family Vineyard; 2018 Napa Valley Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Newfound Wines; 2019 Amador County Shake Ridge Vineyard Grenache, 2019 Lime Kiln Valley Enz Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 Napa Valley Scaggs Vineyard Grenache, 2019 Amador County Shake Ridge Vineyard Syrah, 2019 California Gravels Grenache, 2019 Cemetery Vineyard Grenache, 2019 Benchland Carignane
- Optima Winery; 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2019 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (9,962 cases, $45), 2019 Pas de Nom Pinot Noir (375 cases, $125), 2019 Pas de Nom Chardonnay (50 cases, $85)
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2018 Cabernet Franc, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Standard Deviation; 2019 Pinot Noir
- Winter's Hill Vineyard; 2020 Chardonnay ($44)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 66 winery information pages have been updated since July 15, 2021:
Wine Quote of the Month: "I like best the wine drunk at the cost of others. Diogenes the Cynic, Greek Philosopher
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123