This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's June 15, 2021 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 60 winery updates and 22 wineries releasing wine.
Had a quick trip to Santa Cruz and went to Home Restaurant in Soquel and had a great dinner and enjoyed a 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Tondre Grapefield Pinot Noir.
Last week our wine group had our first in-person tasting since the pandemic started. The theme was 'Wines from the 60's'. I thought the majority would be vinegar, but only the 1965 Inglenook Cabernet was undrinkable.
The Margaux was thin, the 1966 Leoville Las Cases, 1964 Agrange and 1967 Cantenac Brown were good and still had some life but the standout winner for me was the 1964 Orsolani Barolo.
The 1964 Clos Vougeot had a new cork and label and the color was still purple and vibrant. In the 14 year history of our wine tastings, this was the first wine where we questioned the provenance.
It was a fun tasting although I don't think I would replicate but rather drink wines 30+.
And now, onto the wine releases...
2021 Wine Releases
June 2021 Wine Releases
- Adastra Wines; 2019 Ed's Red Syrah/Zinfandel/Cabernet Franc (296 cases, $23)
- Amigoni Vineyards; 2020 Rosé of Cabernet Franc ($25)
- Benovia Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon ($125), 2018 Sonoma County Cooley Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($100)
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2019 El Dorado Zinfandel
- Castoro Cellars; 2018 Petite Sirah ($30)
- Dirty & Rowdy Family Winery; 2020 MSG Rosé Old Vine Mourvèdre/Syrah/Grenache (90 cases, $36), 2019 Brosseau Vineyard Chenin Blanc (38 cases), 2020 Fred & Dora's Old Vine Petite Sirah (38 cases, $42), 2019 Familiar Mourvèdre ($33), 2020 Brosseau Vineyard Syrah Rosé
- Hope & Grace; 2019 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc ($28)
- J. Wilkes; 2020 Santa Maria Valley Late Harvest Viognier ($30)
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2018 Atlas Peak Philary Vineyard Syrah, 2020 Cooper's Cuvee Red Collar Rose', 2020 Rutherford Dalla Gasperina Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
- Lewis Cellars; 2020 Sauvignon Blanc
- Marynissen Estates Winery; 2020 Rosé of Riesling/Merlot/Pinot Noir/Chardonnay/Muscat ($17)
- Matthews Cellars; 2018 Reserve Cabernet Franc
- Miner Family Vineyards; 2020 Mendocino Gibson Ranch Rosato Sangiovese (332 cases, $26)
- Modus Operandi Cellars; 2017 Bacigalupi Vineyard Petite Sirah, 2018 Vicarious Red Wine
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2019 Dry Creek Valley Mother Clone Zinfandel, 2019 Dry Creek Valley Alto Vineyards Sangiovese
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2020 Oregon Viognier (792 cases, $30)
- Perchance Estates; 2019 Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ribbon Ridge Winery; 2020 Ribbon Ridge Ridgecrest Estate Dry Riesling (174 cases, $24)
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards; 2016 Los Carneros Pinot Blanc ($22 per 375ml)
- Teeter-Totter Wines; 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2020 Rosé of Grenache ($25), 2019 Chardonnay ($35)
- Tolosa Winery; 2018 Edna Ranch Cuvée Pinot Noir ($72), 2020 Edna Ranch Sea Bed Chardonnay ($60), 2018 Edna Valley 1772 Syrah ($72)
- Vinoce; 2018 St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon ($60)
July 2021 Wine Releases
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 60 winery information pages have been updated since May 15, 2021:
Wine Quote of the Month: "It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend, one's present or future thirst, the excellence of the wine, or any other reason. Latin Proverb
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123