This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's March 15, 2021 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we have 118 winery updates and 72 wineries releasing wine.
Spring officially starts on March 20, but Mustard is in full bloom in the Napa Valley. Below is my daughter Mia in a Rutherford vineyard with Mustard growing between the vines.
We had dinner with friends and they brought a magnum of 1997 Shafer Merlot from the 1999 Napa Valley Wine Auction which was a bit closed when we pulled the cork but opened up with beautiful dark fruit after 20 minutes. We enjoyed it with a rack of lamb. It is so much fun drinking old bottles of wine. One would think a 24 year old Napa merlot would not hold up, but this one did.
And now, onto the wine releases...
March 2021 Wine Releases
- Alit Wines; 2017 Willamette Valley Fil Pinot Noir
- Amavi Cellars; 2019 Walla Walla Valley Syrah, 2019 Ceres, 2020 Sémillon, 2020 Rosé
- Ancien Wines; 2018 Coombsville Haynes Old Block Pinot Noir, 2018 Oregon Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2018 Russian River Jouissance Pinot Noir, 2018 Carneros Toyon Farm Pinot Noir, 2018 Coombsville Musqué Chardonnay
- Ancient Peaks Winery; 2019 Paso Robles Santa Margarita Ranch Rosé of Pinot Noir ($28)
- Arista Winery; 2020 Rosé of Pinot Noir, 2019 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, 2019 Perli Vineyard Chardonnay, 2019 Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay, 2019 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Arnot-Roberts; 2019 Heinstein Vineyard Old Vine White, 2019 Vare Vineyard Ribolla Gialla, 2019 Clary Ranch Syrah, 2019 Que Syrah Vineyard Syrah, 2018 Clajeux Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Montecillo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Fellom Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- Auclair Winery; 2016 Old Vines Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 96 Cedars Red, 2017 Petit Verdot
- B. Kosuge Wines; 2019 Carneros Gamay Noir (90 cases, $25), 2018 Carneros El Galpon Pinot Noir ($30)
- Baca Wines; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Old Vine Rudy's Vineyard Bleachers Zinfandel ($50)
- Beckmen Vineyards; 2019 Estate Grenache ($55), 2018 Santa Ynez Valley Sangiovese ($24)
- Brion; 2017 Caldwell Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Moon Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2019 Chardonnay, 2020 Sauvignon Blanc, 2020 Rosé
- Castoro Cellars; 2018 Paso Robles Whale Rock Vineyard Syrah ($30)
- Cellars 33; 2019 Sonoma County Pinot Noir ($35), 2018 Sonoma Coast Suacci Vineyard Pinor Noir ($45)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2020 Willamette Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25)
- Cresta Velia Wines; 2018 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon (188 cases, $100), 2019 Cresta Velia Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (42 cases, $45)
- Dablon Vineyards; 2019 Riesling ($26)
- Dana Estates; 2018 Helms Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (383 cases), 2018 Lotus Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (338 cases), 2018 Hershey Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (183 cases)
- Domaine Della; 2019 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($65), 2019 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($65), 2019 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($65), 2019 Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir ($65), 2018 Russian River Valley Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay ($78), 2018 Russian River Valley Graham Family Vineyard Pinot Noir ($78), 2018 Russian River Valley Earl Stephens Vineyard Pinot Noir ($78), 2018 Sonoma Coast Terra de Promissio Pinot Noir ($78), 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Soberanes Vineyard Pinot Noir ($78)
- Écluse Wines; 2017 Lock Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (150 cases, $84), 2018 Lock Vineyard Grenache (125 cases, $48), 2018 Lock Vineyard Tannat (50 cases, $52), 2018 Intonation (175 cases, $50), 2018 Petite Sirah (75 cases, $44)
- Eleven Eleven Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District XI Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($85), 2020 Destin Estate Rosé of Syrah
- Elizabeth Spencer Wines; 2020 Sonoma Coast Rosé of Pinot Noir ($36)
- Eric|Kent Wine Cellars; 2019 Small Town Pinot Noir, 2019 Sascha Marie Pinot Noir, 2019 Luke's Grove Chardonnay, 2019 Sangiacomo Green Acres Chardonnay, 2020 Cuvée Renee Sauvignon Blanc, 2020 Sonoma Coast Rosé, 2019 The Pianist Pinot Noir, 2018 Las Madres Vineyard Syrah
- Etude Wines; 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Failla; 2019 Anderson Valley Savoy Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2019 Santa Cruz Mountains Mindego Ridge Pinot Noir ($52), 2019 Chehalem Mountain Vineyard Gruner Veltliner ($25), 2019 Russian River Valley Olivet Ranch Chenin Blanc ($28), 2019 Chehalem Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay ($42), 2019 Russian River Valley Olivet Ranch Chardonnay ($450, 2018 Fort Ross-Seaview Estate Chardonnay ($48), 2019 Russian River Valley Olivet Ranch Big Egg Chardonnay ($50), 2019 Coombsville Haynes Vineyard Chardonnay ($58), 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Bjornson Vineyard Gamay ($30), 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Eola Springs Vineyard Pinot Noir ($42), 2017 Chehalem Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir ($45), 2018 Sonoma Coast Lola Pinot Noir ($48), 2019 Russian River Valley Olivet Vineyard Pinot Noir ($48), 2019 Russian River Valley Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir ($52), 2019 Anderson Valley Savoy Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2019 Napa Valley Hudson Vineyard Syrah ($56)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2019 On Point Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (180 cases, $39)
- Gilbert Cellars; 2020 Columbia Valley Grüner Veltliner ($22)
- Gran Moraine; 2020 Willamette Valley Yamhill-Carlton Rosé of Pinot Noir ($28)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2020 Sonoma Coast Rhinefarm Rosé of Pinot Noir/Sangiovese ($25)
- Hill Family Estate; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($60)
- Hope & Grace; 2018 Napa Valley Yountville Dillon Ranch Chardonnay ($34)
- House of Smith; 2019 Wahluke Slope CasaSmith Sangiovese ($25), 2019 Wahluke Slope CasaSmith Northridge Cervo Barbera ($25), 2019 Wahluke Slope CasaSmith Northridge Vineyard Porcospino Primitivo ($25), 2017 Walla Walla Valley CasaSmith Jack’s Vineyard Barbera ($45), 2020 Washington State Vino Rosé ($20), 2019 Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley Vino Pinot Grigio ($12)
- James Cole Estate Winery; 2019 Sonoma Coast Sun Chase Vineyard Pinot Noir (215 cases, $75), 2018 Napa Valley Privado Red Wine Cabernet Franc/Merlot (300 cases, $110)
- John Tyler Wines; 2019 Sta Rita Hills La Rinconada Vineyard Chardonnay (180 cases, $60), 2019 La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Noir (145 cases), 2019 Sta Rita Hills La Rinconada Vineyard Pinot Noir (225 cases)
- Lakewood Vineyards; 2020 Finger Lakes Martini Vineyards Lemberger Dry Rosé (168 cases, $16)
- MacRostie Winery; 2018 Russian River Valley Thale’s Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58)
- Majuscule Wine; 2020 Napa Valley Rosé of Cabernet Franc ($35)
- Marilyn Wines; 2019 North Coast Marilyn Monroe Red Dress Tempranillo/Zinfandel/Merlot ($32), 2018 Alexander Valley Marilyn Monroe Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Martin Ray Winery ; 2020 Russian River Valley Laguna Ridge Estate Rosé of Pinot Noir ($32)
- Matthiasson; 2020 Rosé of Grenache/Syrah/Mourvèdre/Counoise (1,930 cases, $26)
- Medlock Ames; 2018 Alexander Valley Bell Mountain Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (1,200 cases, $60)
- Mending Wall; 2019 Carneros Brown Ranch Chardonnay (115 cases, $60), 2019 Stone on Stone White Blend Sauvignon Blanc/Semilon (395 cases, $35), 2018 Mortar & Stone Red Blend Zinfandel/Petite Sirah (140 cases, $50)
- Meteor Vineyard; 2017 Napa Valley Coombsville Special Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (25 cases, $325)
- Miner Family Vineyards; 2018 Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60)
- Mount Saint Joseph Wines; 2017 Sierra Foothill Sangiovese (110 cases, $27)
- Optima Winery; 2020 Dry Creek Gewürztraminer, 2020 Dry Creek Rosé
- Pahlmeyer; 2019 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($90)
- Patricia Green Cellars; 2020 Freedom Hill Vineyard Helen Dusschee Rose of Tempranillo ($29)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Three Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Dry Creek Valley Block 007 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Dry Creek Valley Bushnell Vineyard Zinfandel, 2018 Dry Creek Valley Family Vineyards Petite Sirah
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2019 Aegrina Vineyard Pinot Noir (300 cases, $65), 2019 Bella Vida Vineyard Pinot Noir (250 cases, $75), 2019 Élevée Vineyard Pinot Noir (300 cases, $65)
- Porter-Bass; 2018 Russian River Valley Estate Pinot Noir ($50), 2017 Russian River Valley Estate Dot's Garden Zinfandel ($40)
- Red Tail Ridge Winery; NV Perpetual Change Sparkling Wine ($33)
- Round Pond; 2018 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2020 Rosato di Nebbiolo ($32)
- SAMsARA; 2020 Santa Barbara County Cat Canyon Shokrian Vineyard Rosé of Mourvèdre/Grenache (245 cases, $32)
- Saxon Brown Wines; 2017 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Green Acres Hill Chardonnay (210 cases, $50), 2017 Napa Carneros Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay (193 cases, $60), 2017 SXB Reserve Chardonnay
- Seven Apart; 2018 Napa Valley Stags Ridge Vineyard Shale Cabernet Sauvignon ($225)
- Sleight of Hand Cellars; 2020 Blackrock Vineyard Magician’s Assistant Rosé of Cabernet Franc ($18)
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2019 Sonoma Mountain Sauvignon Blanc ($25), 2018 Anderson Valley The Boonies Pinot Noir ($58)
- Staglin Family Vineyard; 2019 Staglin Family Vineyard Chardonnay ($125), 2018 Salus Cabernet Sauvignon ($285), 2019 Stagliano Sangiovese ($150)
- Stones; 2018 Napa Valley St. Helena Pritchard Hill Perrarus Block 1 No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Stormy Weather Wine; 2017 Stormy Weather Cabernet Sauvignon ($120), 2017 Northern Gale Cabernet Sauvignon ($80)
- Talley Vineyards; 2018 Arroyo Grande Valley Rincon Vineyard Grenache ($60)
- Tolosa Winery; 2018 Edna Valley Edna Ranch 1772 Stone Lion Pinot Noir ($72), 2019 Edna Valley Edna Ranch 1772 Stone Lion Chardonnay, 2018 Edna Valley Edna Ranch 1772 Grenache
- Torrin; 2018 Willow Creek District Maven Grenache (274 cases), 2018 Banshee Syrah/Mourvedre/Grenache (353 cases), 2018 Le Devoir Syrah/Graciano (317 cases)
- Tranche Cellars; 2020 Yakima Valley Blackrock Estate Vineyard Pink Pape Rose of Grenache/Cinsault/Counoise ($22), 2018 Walla Walla Valley Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard Pape Blanc ($25), 2018 Walla Walla Valley Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard Pape Grenache/Mourvèdre/Syrah ($35)
- Trinitas Cellars; 2018 North Coast Two Popes Red Wine Cabernet Franc/Zinfandel (80 cases, $80)
- Tyler Winery; 2019 La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 La Rinconada Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2019 La Rinconada Vineyard Chardonnay ($60)
- Vivier; 2020 Sonoma Coast Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25)
- Walla Walla Vintners ; 2020 Walla Walla Valley Seven Hills Vineyard Rosé of Sangiovese (417 cases, $22)
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2019 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (47 cases, $35)
- Winter's Hill Vineyard; 2020 Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2020 Pinot Gris, 2020 Pinot Blanc, 2020 Rose, 2019 Chardonnay
April 2021 Wine Releases
- Beckmen Vineyards; 2019 PMV Clone #1 Syrah ($72), 2018 Purisima Red Wine ($125)
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2019 Petite Sirah, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019 Eastside Zinfandel
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2018 Estate Grown and Bottled Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Chanin; 2019 Zotovich vineyard Pinot Noir
- Dark Matter; 2020 Aloft Chenin Blanc
- Dracaena Wines; 2020 Paso Robles Cordyline Rose'of Grenache/Tempranillo ($22), 2020 Clarksburg Chenin Blanc ($26)
- Eleven Eleven Wines; 2018 Destin Vineyard Estate Merlot, 2018 Destin Vineyard Estate Malbec, 2018 11:11 Vineyard Cabernet Franc, 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll Laki's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($125), 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Destin Vineyard Estate Syrah ($70)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2019 Petaluma Gap, Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (300 cases, $70), 2019 Carneros, Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir (160 cases, $68), 2019 Russian River, Hogan's Run Vineyard Pinot Noir (144 cases, $68), 2020 Russian River, Starscape Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (200 cases, $34)
- Helvetia Winery; 2020 Rosés of Sangiovese, 2020 Merlot, 2020 Estate Pinot Noir
- Lewis Cellars; 2020 Vin Gris Syrah
- Lokoya Winery; 2018 Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2020 Dry Creek Valley Signature Selection Rosé, 2019 Dry Creek Valley Signature Selection Chardonnay, 2017 Dry Creek Valley Wisdom Cabernet Sauvigon, 2018 Barrel Select Cabernet Franc
- Standard Deviation; 2020 Sauvignon Blanc
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2019 Eola-Amity Hills Jubilee Vineyard 943 Pinot Noir (47 cases, $35), 2019 Ribbon Ridge Stewart Vineyard Pinot Noir (98 cases, $35)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 118 winery information pages have been updated since February 15, 2021:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Once... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were forced to live on nothing but food and water for days. WC Fields, My Little Chickadee.
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123