This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's October 15, 2020 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 90 winery updates and 56 wineries releasing wine.
At 4:02am on Sunday, September 27th we received a text from our neighbor that there was a fire on Crystal Springs road, a 2 mile road that starts at Silverado Trail and ends at Sanitarium, just south of the St. Helena Hospital and less than a mile from our house.
I got in my truck and drove to the fire. When I got a half mile down Crystal Springs, I could see the flames coming down the hill. I made a U-turn and called the lady who we buy eggs from that lives on Crystal Springs and she was already awake. I then texted my friend on Crystal Springs and he was awake as his neighbor was aware of the fire.
I drove back to my house and 3 sheriff vehicles were on their way to the fire. This fire was much closer than the fire we were evacuated from last month so I started to honk my horn to alert neighbors. After the last fire I created a group text of my neighbors so I texted the group "There's a mandatory evacuation. There's a huge fire coming over the hill at Crystal Springs".
Most everyone responded and I called the folks that did not respond and knocked on a few doors for those that did not answer their phones. We left our home, not knowing what would remain nor when we would be able to return. We met our friends at the Sunshine Market parking lot and wondered if we were going to be able return that day. It wasn't until Monday October 12 that we received the "all clear to return" text.
The fire engulfed Glass Mountain which is the next block over but spared the houses on Glass Mountain as well as Elmshaven and Rose lane, a block over from us.
Over two weeks later, the fire is 97% contained but has consumed over 67,484 acres and 1,555 structures have been destroyed and 282 structures have been damaged in Napa and Sonoma counties. Friends and neighbors have had their lives altered but, the spirit of optimism and perseverance remains as strong as ever and no lives were lost.
I would like to thank all of those who have reached out to check in. Special thanks to the spectacular efforts of CalFire and our First Responders.
And now, onto the wine releases...
October 2020 Wine Releases
- Adea Wine Co.; 2018 Yamhill Carlton Fisher Family Estate Pinot Noir (130 cases, $50)
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc ($106)
- Anthem Winery; 2016 Mt. Veeder Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Arkenstone Vineyards; 2017 Howell Mountain Estate Red ($200), 2017 Howell Mountain Estate Syrah, 2017 Howell Mountain Estate Sauvignon Blanc (380 cases), 2017 Napa Valley NVD Cabernet Sauvignon ($95)
- Baca Wines; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Rudy's Vineyard Bleachers Zinfandel ($50)
- Bacigalupi Vineyards; 2018 Estate Zinfandel (400 cases, $52) 2018 Estate Petite Sirah (300 cases, $46 )
- Behrens Family Winery; 2015 Kick Ranch Petite Sirah (267 cases, $60), 2018 Napa Valley Ethan's Cuvée Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot (328 cases, $85), 2017 The Anchor Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (453 cases, $65), 2017 V Petit Verdot/Cabernet Franc (161 cases, $85), 2017 Hitchcock Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot (288 cases, $95), 2017 Cemetery Cabernet Sauvignon (185 cases, $175)
- Bokisch Vineyards; 2019 Lodi Clements Hills Terra Alta Vineyard Trencadis White Winemaker's Blend (100 cases, $25)
- Brand Napa Valley; 2017 Napa Valley Pritchard Hill Brio Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2019 Napa Valley Pritchard Hill White Wine Ribolla Gialla/Fiano/Greco di Tufo/Arneis ($85)
- Brion; 2016 Napa Valley Sleeping Lady Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (219 cases), 2016 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (182 cases)
- Broc Cellars; 2019 Vine Starr Zinfandel (479 cases, $36)
- Brochelle Vineyards; 2017 Rose Bubbles ($32)
- Cain Vineyard and Winery; NV Napa Valley NV16 Cuvée ($36)
- Castoro Cellars; 2018 Barbera
- Ceritas Wines; 2017 Peter Martin Ray Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chanin; 2018 Sanford & Benedict Vineyard Chardonnay ($50), 2018 Sanford & Benedict Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2018 Schock Family Vineyard Syrah ($50)
- Charles Hendricks Wines; 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands Smith Vineyard Pinot Noir ($90)
- Dana Estates; 2017 Hershey Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($175), 2017 Helms Cabernet Sauvignon ($525), 2017 Hershey Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Lotus Cabernet Sauvignon ($525)
- Dark Matter; 2015 Zinfandel
- Dracaena Wines; 2018 Paso Robles Cabernet Franc ($34)
- DuPuis Wines; 2019 Anderson Valley Estate Pinot Noir ($60), 2018 Anderson Valley Wendling Pinot Noir ($60), 2018 Anderson Valley Abel Pinot Noir ($55), 2018 Anderson Valley Le Benedict Pinot Noir ($45), 2018 Anderson Valley Baker Ranch Syrah ($45), 2019 Anderson Valley Ferrington Chardonnay ($50)
- Evening Land Vineyards; 2018 Summum Vineyard Chardonnay, 2018 La Source Chardonnay, 2018 Seven Springs Chardonnay
- Fairchild Estate; 2017 Pritchard Hill Stones No. 2 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Flat Rock Cellars; 2019 Nadja's Vineyard Riesling, 2019 Envy Riesling (220 cases)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2018 Sonoma Valley Tempranillo ($50)
- Hertelendy Vineyards; 2016 Legend Cabernet Sauvignon (90 cases), 2016 Cabernet Franc (82 cases)
- Hope & Grace; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Doctor's Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($58)
- Imagery Winery; NV Sparkling Brut Rosé ($35)
- John Anthony Vineyards; 2019 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($35), 2017 Crane Vineyard Merlot ($70), 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2017 Crane Vineyard Syrah ($80), 2016 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($300)
- Ken Brown Wines; 2017 Envision Pinot Noir (197 cases, $48), 2017 A Cuvée Syrah ($35)
- Ledson Winery; 2017 California Hood Mountain Gunsight (1,500 cases, $32)
- Leto Cellars; 2017 Exceptional Selection Cabernet Sauvignon (75 cases, $125)
- Lindstrom Wines; 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (475 cases, $65)
- Lobo Wines; 2017 Howl Proprietary Red Blend
- MacRostie Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Yountville Clockwise Cabernet Sauvignon ($68)
- Mario Bazan Cellars; 2018 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Marston Family Vineyard; 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Matthews Cellars; 2017 Tenor Syrah
- Moone One Thousand Vines; 2017 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (93 cases, $120)
- Nellcote; 2016 Napa Valley Rallye 76 Cabernet Sauvignon ($225), 2016 Napa Valley Chevaux Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Nine Suns Winery; 2017 Red Wine
- Olivia Brion; 2016 Willamette Valley Sunny Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir (150 cases, $38), 2019 Taquine Viognier/Gewurtztraminer/Chardonnay (180 cases, $23)
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Syrah
- Priest Ranch; 2019 Napa Valley Somerston Estate Grenache Blanc ($22), 2018 Napa Valley Somerston Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (5,889 cases, $50), 2016 Napa Valley Somerston Estate Block 81 Malbec ($75)
- Purlieu Wines; 2018 Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Franc
- R&B Cellars; 2017 Lake County Maestoso Mourvedre (275 cases, $36)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2016 QED Convergence, 2016 Principia Reserve Syrah, 2016 Veritas Sequitur Estate Syrah, 2017 Plus One Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 in Order to form a more perfect Union, 2016 Creative Impulse
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc ($32)
- Red Mare Wines; 2017 Chardonnay, 2017 White Alpha Mare
- Siduri Wines; 2018 Santa Rita Hills Clos Pepe vineyard Pinot Noir ($65)
- Skipstone Ranch; 2018 Las Rocas Vineyard Oliver's Blend Cabernet Sauvignon ($170), 2018 Malbec ($140), NV Rose de Constance 4th ed Sparkling Wine Chardonnay ($125)
- Vineyard 29; 2018 CRU Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2018 CRU Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon ($95), 2018 CRU St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon ($95)
- Wade Cellars; 2018 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wood Family Vineyards ; 2018 One Oak Merlot, 2018 Woody’s Cab Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Big Wood Zinfandel, 2017 Especial Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Clone 30 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wrath Wines; 2017 Monterey San Saba Vineyard Syrah (313 cases, $39), 2017 Monterey Santa Lucia Highlands KW Ranch Syrah (109 cases, $39), 2017 Monterey Alta Loma Vineyard Grenache (67 cases, $39), 2017 Monterey Destruction Level Grenache-Syrah (107 cases, $39)
- Yorba Wines; 2013 Syrah
November 2020 Wine Releases
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 90 winery information pages have been updated since September 15, 2020:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Better is old wine than new, and old friends likewise. Charles Kingsley, English Author
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123