This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's August 15, 2020 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 74 winery updates and 47 wineries releasing wine.
Day #723 of sheltering in place. Or maybe it's not quite that many. When this all started in mid March, I'm not sure what I would have thought August would look like, but I don't think this is it.
All in all, the Napa Valley has done a really wonderful job of supporting wineries, restaurants, and other small businesses in our community. My family and I appreciate all that the essential workers have done to support us and keep us safe. With that, we are now up to four nights a week of Blue Apron, and I have to admit that I still get a bit of excitement out of popping down to the cellar to find that fun bottle to pair with the evening's home cooked meal.
This week is going to be the hottest that I've experienced in the Napa Valley, with temperatures reaching 111 degrees on Tuesday (it is 106 as I write this). We don't have air-conditioning at the house, so our routine is get all work and activity done in the morning, while we slide into the evenings, grateful for a glass of rosé.
It looks like harvest will be in full force by the end of the month. I guess as much as things have changed since last year there are some things that will remain the same.
And now, onto the wine releases...
August 2020 Wine Releases
- Airfield Estates Winery; NV Blanc de Blancs Sparkling Wine ($38)
- Andretti Winery; 2018 Tuscan House Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($65)
- Arista Winery; 2018 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (818 cases, $45)
- Baer Winery; 2016 Malbec ($33)
- Beckmen Vineyards; 2019 Ballard Canyon Purisima Mountain Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($36)
- Beringer Vineyards; 2017 Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 St. Helena Home Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Borrow Pit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Pauli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Marston Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Chabot Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Steinhauer Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Bancroft Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Private Reserve Chardonnay
- Buttonwood Farm Winery; 2019 Carbonique Cabernet Franc, 2017 Cabernet Franc
- Ceritas Wines; 2018 Carex Chardonnay, 2018 Porter Bass Chardonnay, 2018 Senna Pinot Noir, 2018 Hellenthal “Old Shop Block” Pinot Noir
- Cherry Pie Wine; 2018 Napa Valley Carneros San Pablo Bay Block Pinot Noir ($50)
- Convergence Zone Cellars; 2019 Snipes Mountain Sunbreak Chenin Blanc (158 cases, $17), 2017 Red Mountain Fly Rod Cellars Reserve Salmonfly Syrah ($33), 2019 Columbia Valley Weinbau Vineyard Fly Rod Cellars Pink Pollywog Rose' of Mourvedre ($20)
- Cordant Nelle Winery; 2019 Monterey County Santa Lucia Highlands Escolle Vineyard Rosé of Pinot Noir ($32)
- Dana Estates; 2017 Napa Valley Onda Cabernet Sauvignon
- Elliston Vineyards; 2018 Sonoma Pinot Noir ($15), 2017 California Red Wine Blend ($15), 2018 Napa Valley Sémillon ($15)
- Failla; 2018 Russian River Valley Keefer Ranch Chardonnay ($45), 2018 Eola-Amity Hills Seven Springs Chardonnay ($47), 2018 Sonoma Coast Platt Chardonnay ($55), 2018 Eola-Amity Hills Bjornson Pinot Noir ($45), 2018 Sonoma Coast Lola Pinot Noir ($48), 2018 Santa Cruz Mountains Mindego Ridge Pinot Noir ($52), 2018 Eola-Amith Hills Seven Springs Pinot Noir ($60), 2018 Chehalem Mountains Old Vine Pinot Noir ($65), 2018 Sonoma Coast Peay Pinot Noir ($70), 2018 Sonoma Coast Reuling Pinot Noir ($75), 2018 Sonoma Coast Occidental Ridge Pinot Noir($80), 2018 Sonoma Coast Occidental Ridge Whole Cluster Pinot Noir ($85), 2018 Fort Ross-Seaview Estate Pinot Noir ($852018 Sonoma Coast Hirsch Pinot Noir, 2018 Sonoma Coast Platt Pinot Noir ($90), 2018 Sonoma Coast Vivien Pinot Noir ($100), 2018 Fort Ross-Seaview Estate Syrah ($62), 2018 Fort Ross-Seaview Estate Meter by Meter Syrah ($75)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 North Coast On Point Winemaker's Selection Pinot Noir (224 cases, $39)
- Galerie Wines; 2016 Knights Valley Latro Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Napa Valley Pleinair Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hall Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hudson Ranch and Vineyards; 2018 Estate Chardonnay ($65), 2018 Estate Phoenix ($65)
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2017 Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Mt. Veeder Yates Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Oak Knoll Merlot, 2017 Rutherford Malbec
- Jon Nathaniel Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Carneros Lavender Hill Pinot Noir ($65)
- Kistler Vineyards; 2018 Sonoma Mountain McCrea Vineyard Chardonnay ($90). 2018 Sonoma Coast Dutton Ranch Chardonnay ($90), 2018 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Chardonnay ($90), 2018 Stone Flat Vineyard Chardonnay ($90), 2018 Carneros Hudson Vineyard Chardonnay ($90), 2018 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Knights Bridge Winery; 2019 Knights Valley Fairview Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($70), 2017 Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($115), 2017 Knights Valley Linville Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2017 Knights Valley Haggerty Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2017 Knights Valley Collinwood Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Kramer Vineyards; 2019 Yamhill-Carlton Celebrate Rosé of Carmine (120 cases, $28)
- Ledson Winery; 2017 Redwood Valley Ricetti Lane Grenache ($40), 2019 Sonoma Valley Little Horse Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($28)
- Marynissen Estates Winery; 2019 Heritage Collection Gewurztraminer ($26)
- Monticello Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Coreley Block 1 Clone 96 Chardonnay ($60)
- Muret-Gaston; 2019 Chardonnay
- Nine Suns Winery; 2019 Napa Valley White Wine Sauvignon Blanc ($30)
- One Wines; 2019 Rose'
- Optima Winery; 2016 Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery; 2019 Patricia’s Block Riesling ($35)
- Ridge Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Oakville Heritage Zinfandel ($36), 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Monte Bello Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Petit Verdot/Cabernet Franc
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Merlot
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards; 2015 Napa Valley Los Carneros POV Merlot/Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon ($48)
- Seven Apart; 2018 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Expedition Cabernet Sauvignon
- Seven Stones Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Skipstone Ranch; 2018 Preface Proprietary Red Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Malbec/Cabernet Franc ($70)
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2019 Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Anderson Valley Helluva Vineyard Pinot Noir
- T-Vine Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Calistoga Frediani Vineyard Petite Sirah (583 cases, $60)
- Tank Garage Winery; 2019 SRR Red Wine Tempranillo/Graciano (475 cases, $50)
- The People’s Wine Revolution; 2018 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (45 cases, $50)
- Tranche Cellars; 2017 Walla Walla Valley Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard Pape Blanc ($25)
- Van Duzer Vineyards; 2018 Ribbon Ridge Norris McKinley Vineyard Riesling ($20)
- Vines on the Marycrest; 2019 Summertime, 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Heart of Glass, 2017 Malbec, 2017 Happy Together, 2017 Zinfandel
- Vineyard 29; 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Estate Cabernet Franc, 2018 Estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Westport Winery; NV Kraken Cabernet Sauvignon
September 2020 Wine Releases
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2018 Reserve Chardonnay ($150)
- August West; 2018 Cortada Alta Vineyard Chardonnay, 2019 Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir, 2019 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- Betz Family Winery; 2018 Besoleil Grenache Blend, 2018 Red Mountain La Cote Rousse Syrah, 2018 Boushey Vineyard La Serenne Syrah, 2018 Red Willow Vineyard La Cote Patriarche Syrah, 2018 Domaine de Pierres Ancient Stones Vineyard Syrah
- Cobden Wini; 2018 Dalton Vineyard Marsanne/Roussanne
- Corison Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (106 cases, $54)
- Green & Red Vineyard; 2019 Viognier
- Hudson Ranch and Vineyards; 2018 Little Bit Chardonnay ($85), 2018 Ladybug Chardonnay ($85)
- Jones Family Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Calistoga Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Kanzler Vineyards; 2018 Estate Reserve Pinot Noir ($78), 2018 Walker Station Vineyard Pinot Noir ($72), 2018 Mes Filles Vineyard Pinot Noir ($72)
- Lewis Cellars; 2018 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon ($100), 2018 Hillstone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($175), 2018 Napa Valley Merlot ($80), 2019 Sonoma Chardonnay ($55), 2019 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($55)
- Lobo Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon
- MacDonald Vineyards; 2017 Oakville To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nemerever Vineyards; 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Estate Complement Cabernet Sauvignon
- Optima Winery; 2016 Duffy Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2017 Alegria Vineyard Cabernet Franc
- Robert Foley Vineyards; 2015 Claret, 2015 Merlot, 2016 Petite Sirah, 2017 Charbono, 2017 Kelly's Cuvée Syrah, 2019 Chardonnay
- Scarlett Wines; 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Petit Verdot
- Sea Smoke Cellars; 2018 Southing Pinot Noir, 2018 Ten Pinot Noir, 2018 Chardonnay
- Shafer Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Relentless Syrah/Petite Sirah, 2018 Napa Valley TD-9 Merlot/Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sightglass Cellars; 2018 Cabernet Franc, 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vineyard 7 & 8; 2018 Estate Chardonnay, 2017 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wade Cellars; 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wellington Cellars; NV Bubbles ($30)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 74 winery information pages have been updated since July 15, 2020:
Wine Quote of the Month: "I like best the wine drunk at the cost of others. Diogenes the Cynic, Greek Philosopher
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123