This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's December 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 69 winery updates and 24 wineries releasing wine.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I spatchcocked our turkey then removed the legs and wings and cooked in duck fat while the bird cooked in my Big Green Egg. Both treatments turned out great. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well.
I belong to a wine group that has been meeting every other month for the last 12 years and we had our holiday "bring your special bottle that goes with steak" dinner at Osso Steakhouse in San Francisco and we tasted 11 wines double blind.
I brought a 2011 Seven Stones Cabernet Sauvignon and it was excellent but came in second to a 1997 Chateau Montelena Reserve, which was also excellent.
We will be spending this Thursday though January 5th in St. Helena so looking forward to the holiday break up in wine coutry. Hope you continue to have a great holiday.
And now, onto the wine releases...
December 2019 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2016 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Dolcetto (267 cases, $42)
- Ancient Peaks Winery; 2018 Chardonnay ($19), 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon ($22)
- Bella Luna Winery; 2018 Templeton Gap District Maloney Vineyard Rotor Head Red Proprietary Red Blend (300 cases, $42)
- Boeschen Vineyards; 2015 Winchester Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($210)
- Cairdeas Winery; 2017 Cinsault ($36)
- Casa Larga Vineyards; 2018 Finger Lakes Porta Rossa Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Dechaunac/Cabernet Franc/Merlot ($55)
- De Tierra Vineyard; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Chardonnay
- Dunstan; 2017 Star Mooring Pinot Noir (69 cases)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (82 cases, $64)
- Iron Hub Winery; 2017 Small Lot Chardonnay ($30)
- Joseph Jewell Wines; 2016 Russian River Valley Bucher Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Rubies Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Starscape Vineyard Martini Clone Old Girls Pinot Noir, 2016 Dry Creek Valley Grist Vineyard Zinfandel
- La Nebbia Winery; 2016 North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon ($6.50)
- Marilyn Wines; 2017 Napa Valley Marilyn Cabernet Sauvignon ($120)
- New Clairvaux Vineyard; 2018 Aimee Bollicine Brut
- Nichelini Winery; 2018 Brut Sparkling Wine
- Oakville East Exposure; 2015 Napa Valley Exposure Cabernet Sauvignon (900 cases, $100)
- R. A. Harrison Family Cellars; 2016 Napa Valley PH Cabernet Franc
- Sinegal Estate; 2017 Cabernet Franc
- Spoto Wines; 2016 Oakville Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($140)
- T-Vine Cellars; 2016 Evangelho Mataro ($50), 2016 Evangelho Carignane ($55), 2017 Frediani Zinfandel ($50), 2017 Black Sears Zinfandel ($75)
- Tofanelli Family Vineyard; 2016 Estate Charbono ($45)
- Trefethen Vineyards & Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Estate Grown Chardonnay ($38)
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2018 Ribbon Ridge Chardonnay ($26), 2017 Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir
- Yount Ridge Cellars; 2017 Oakville Proprietary Red Blend
January 2020 Wine Releases
- Di Costanzo; 2017 Sonoma Moon Mountain District Montecillo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (140 cases, $95), 2017 Napa Valley Coombsville Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (70 cases, $115)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Sonoma Coast On Point Pinot Noir (224 cases, $39)
- Lobo Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($60)
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2017 Livermore Valley Petite Sirah, 2017 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Syrah
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2015 Bohemian Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Ruxton Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 TNT Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Cabernet Franc
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 69 winery information pages have been updated since November 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Wine comes in at the mouth and love comes in at the eye; That's all we shall know for truth before we grow old and die. William Butler Yeats
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123