This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's November 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 263 winery updates and 74 wineries releasing wine.
Apologies for missing the last few wine release newsletters.
In terms of a wine holiday, I like Thanksgiving the best because it’s a food event with the challenge of pairing wines with turkey.
I like to dig deep in my cellar and pull out magnums and obscure wines and have a mini wine tasting at the dinner table.
It’s a chance to turn casual wine drinkers into curious wine drinkers with the goal of having people have that aha wine moment.
Have people swirl the wine in the glass and close their eyes while they just breath the aromas.
Explain how important it is to smell the thousands of aromas vs taste with the five/six senses on the palate
Have people taste the same wine out of different size glasses as that is also an eye-opening experience.
Also taste the wine before and after the first bite of food to see the difference.
Thanksgiving is a time to expand wine experiences.
And now, onto the wine releases...
November 2019 Wine Releases
- Andrew Will Winery; 2017 Involuntary Commitment Red Blend ($16.50)
- Anthem Winery; 2016 Mt. Veeder Estate Merlot (100 cases, $75)
- AntoLin Cellars; 2016 Estate Riesling, 2016 Estate Carménère
- Auclair Winery; 2016 Red Mountain Heart of The Hill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Red Mountain 96 Cedars Red Wine
- August West; 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (400 cases, $36), 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir (213 cases, $36), 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands Cortada Alta Vineyard Chardonnay (47 cases, $40), 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands Peterson Vineyard Chardonnay (24 cases, $40)
- AXR Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Red Wine ($275)
- B. Kosuge Wines; 2018 Carneros Gamay Noir ($25)
- Baer Winery; 2016 Star, 2016 Callisto
- Banknote Wine Company; 2018 Napa Valley Revenue Cabernet Sauvignon (390 Cases, $40)
- Bello Family Vineyards; 2017 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bethel Heights Vineyard; 2017 West Block Pinot Noir, 2017 Flat Block Pinot Noir, 2017 Southeast Block Pinot Noir
- Bolan Wines; 2016 Russian River Valley Kiamberell Vineyard Pinot Noir (102 cases, $60)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2016 Proprietor's Blend Red
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2017 Napa Valley Calistoga Lot 700 Cabernet Sauvignon (700 cases, $30)
- Carica ; 2018 Bennett Valley Moaveni Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($29)
- Cellars 33; NV California Sparkling Wine Brut ($45)
- Coniglio Wines; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc
- Convergence Zone Cellars; 2017 Red Mountain Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Drizzle Pinot Gris (111 cases, $15), 2016 Horse Heaven Hills Phinny Hill Vineyard Squall Line Cabernet Sauvignon (98 cases, $35), NV Red Mountain Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Mistral Grenache (73 cases, $33)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2018 Life Pinot Noir ($40), 2017 Meadowlark Pinot Noir ($60), 2017 Pinot Noir ($28)
- Correlation Wine Company; 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Croze; 2017 Oakville Vintners Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- De Tierra Vineyard; 2016 Sangiovese
- Deovlet Wines; 2017 Santa Barbara County Chardonnay, 2018 Sta. Rita Hills La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Blanc, 2017 Sta. Rita Hills La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sta. Rita Hills Sanford & Benedict Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Santa Barbara County Sonny Boy Red Blend Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Donkey and Goat; 2019 California New Glou (200 cases, $24)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2017 Petaluma Gap Azaya Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir ($62), 2017Mendocino County Docker Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir ($68)
- Eleven Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Destin Vineyard Carol's Song Riesling
- Evening Land Vineyards; 2015 Blanc de Blancs (172 cases, $65), 2015 Blanc de Noirs (110 cases, $65)
- Fairchild Estate; 2016 Napa Valley Oakville Tench Vineyard Stones #3 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fallon Place Wines; 2017 Sonoma Coast Black Family Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2016 Chalk Hill Landa Vineyards Zinfandel
- Flying Goat Cellars; 2016 Bien Nacido Vineyard Goat Bubbles Blanc de Noirs, 2017 Rio Vista Vineyard 667 Pinot Noir
- Galerie Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Terracea Riesling ($60)
- Hope & Grace; 2015 Paso Robles French Camp Lagrein ($55)
- Hyde Wines; 2016 Chardonnay ($60), 2016 Merlot ($85), 2018 Sauvignon Blanc ($45)
- Iron Hub Winery; 2016 Amador County Grenache ($27), 2016 Red Wine Resolute ($32), 2017Amador County Sauvignon Blanc ($25)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2013 Napa Valley Oakville Bari's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (75 cases, $190)
- Kitson Wines; 2018 Colombard (21 cases, $14), 2017 North Coast Pinot Noir (86 cases, $30), 2017 Old Vine Zinfandel (30 cases, $18), 2017 Lake County Syrah (35 cases, $18)
- Kontos Cellars; 2016 Walla Walla Valley The Boss Red Wine
- La Nebbia Winery; 2017 North Coast Suisun Valley Merlot ($8)
- Lamborn Family Vineyards; 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon ($115)
- Ledson Winery; 2017 California Hood Mountain Gunsight ($32)
- Lewelling Vineyards; 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Lewis Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Racecar Red Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Lindstrom Wines; 2017 Russian River Pinot Noir ($65)
- Lobo Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($60)
- Maitre De Chai; 2018 Sparkling Chenin Blanc ($32), 2018 Sonoma Mountain Herron Sauvignon Blanc ($30), 2018 Rorick Heritage Vineyard Chardonnay ($28), 2018 Dry Creek Valley Kierkegaard Chenin Blanc ($25)
- Matthews Cellars; 2016 Reserve Claret Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc/Petit Verdot
- Otis Kenyon; 2014 Pepper Bridge Vineyard Backdraft Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Palmaz Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($165)
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2017 Cabernet Franc
- Pax Wine Cellars; 2017 Armagh Syrah
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2016 Malbec
- Petree Cellars; 2016 Russian River Valley King Estate Chardonnay ($40), 2016 Russian River Valley Confidant Vineyard Pinot Noir ($40), 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- Presqu'ile Winery; 2019 Gamay Nouveau
- Priest Ranch; 2016 Napa Valley Snake Oil Cabernet Sauvignon ($110)
- Realm Cellars; 2017 Kata Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Ghost Dog Petite Sirah/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Red Thread Wine Company; 2017 Red Blend
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Claret (1,200 cases, $22), 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $32), 2015 Inspiration Reserve Red Wine (50 cases, $45), 2015 Merlot
- Robert Young Estate Winery; 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Barrel Select Chardonnay, 2016 Bob's Burn Pile
- Seek; 2017 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Zinfandel ($40)
- Sinegal Estate; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc ($175)
- Sleight of Hand Cellars; 2017 Levitation Syrah, 2017 Sorceress Grenache
- Slo Down Wines; 2017 Alexander Valley Knowhere Petite Sirah
- Spenker Winery; 2018 Evening PrimRosé Syrah/Zinfandel
- Stewart Cellars; 2017 Tartan Red Blend ($45), 2018 Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay ($35), 2017 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($45)
- Tassel Ridge; 2019 Iowa Nouveau
- Teachworth; 2016 Estate Diamond Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon (125 cases, $125), 2018 Carneros Pinot Noir (190 cases, $65)
- Titus Vineyards; 2017 Cabernet Franc ($55), 2016 Lot 1 Petite Sirah/Petit Verdot/Malbec/Zinfandel ($89)
- Treasure Island Wines; 2018 Pine Mountain Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2017 Dry Creek Valley Syrah
- Trefethen Vineyards & Winery; 2015 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Hillspring Vineyard H Lo Cabernet Sauvignon ($220)
- Vineyard 29; 2017 Cru Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- Walter Hansel Vineyards; 2017 Russian River Valley Estate Chardonnay ($24), 2017 Russian River Valley Meadows Chardonnay ($25), 2017 Russian River Valley Cuvee Alyce Chardonnay ($36), 2017 Russian River Valley Estate Pinot Noir ($40), 2017 Russian River Valley North Slope Pinot Noir ($44), 2017 Russian River Valley Cuvee Alyce Pinot Noir ($48)
- Wood Family Vineyards ; 2017 Syrah, 2017 Woody's Cabernet Sauvignon
- Woodhouse Wine Estates; 2016 Darighe Cabernet Sauvignon
- Yorba Wines; 2018 Greco di Oro
December 2019 Wine Releases
- Bella Luna Winery; 2018 Templeton Gap District Maloney Vineyard Rotor Head Red Proprietary Red Blend (300 cases, $42)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (82 cases, $64)
- Iron Hub Winery; 2017 Small Lot Chardonnay ($30)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 263 winery information pages have been updated since July 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, makes weariness forget his toil. Lord Byron
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123