This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's July 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 74 winery updates and 36 wineries releasing wine.
A few weeks ago, good friends and fellow Napans suggested we break out of our typical backyard barbecue holidays and spend a day in the neighboring Sonoma Wine Country.
We packed up two cars with children, snacks, and water and headed over the hill to Russian River Vineyards where they are members.
First visit for my wife and I and sadly, no one captured pictures of the gorgeous picnic setting overlooking the vineyard, the corn toss game area, chicken coop or picnic tables in the redwood forest.
The kids were in heaven. We settled our crew at a nice picnic table and enjoyed a tasting of 2015 Emma's Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Estate Pinot Noir, and 2015 Owl's Watch Syrah.
Russian River Vineyards also offers a cheese and charcuterie plate, a nice complement to our afternoon. Really great wines, views and hospitality - we will be back for sure.
Next, we headed north to MacRostie Winery, and courtesy of my friend Don Davis, enjoyed a tasting of several vineyard designate Chardonnay (Dutton Ranch/Wildcat Mountain/Charles Heintz) and Pinot Noir (Thale's Vineyard/Klopp Ranch/Day Ranch).
Our crew enjoyed comparing the Sonoma Coast vs Carneros vineyards and discussing our favorites. In addition to really delicious wines, MacRostie offers a first class experience.
From when you arrive at the doors and they offer you a taste of Sauvignon Blanc, to when you're seated at a table overlooking hills and valleys of wines, to the impeccable service.
Even with our crew of small children, we felt completely welcome. Definitely put on your list of 'must see' wineries for that northern Sonoma trip.
Last but not least, I went to Sosie Wines release party in Sonoma and had a great time tasting their 2017 Bennett Valley Rose of Syrah, 2015 Bennett Valley Roussanne, 2016 Bennett Valley Syrah and two distinct Pinot Noirs; Spring Hill Vineyard and Roberts Road. Another winery to not miss.
And now, onto the wine releases...
July 2019 Wine Releases
- Arnot-Roberts; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Handal-Denier Vineyard Falanghina, 2018 North Coast Trousseau, 2018 Watson Ranch Cabernet Franc, 2018 El Dorado Gamay, 2018 Sonoma Coast Syrah, 2018 Mokelumne River Kirschenmann Vineyard Zinfandel
- Ashes & Diamonds; 2016 Santa Cruz Mountains Bates Ranch Mountain Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc (300 cases, $105 per 1.5L), 2016 Mt. Veeder Saffron Vineyard Mountain Cuvée Merlot/Cabernet Franc (305 cases, $75 per 1.5L), 2016 Atlas Peak Mountain Peak Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (275 cases, $125 per 1.5L)
- Badge Winery; 2018 Santa Barbara County Badge Blue Steel Chardonnay ($28)
- Bello Family Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($36)
- Betz Family Winery; 2017 La Côte Rousse Syrah, 2017 Domaine de Pierres Syrah, 2017 La Serenne Syrah, 2017 La Côte Patriarche Syrah, 2017 Domaine de Pierres, 2017 Bésoleil Grenache Blend
- Boeger Winery; 2019 El Dorado Hangtown Gold Sweet White Wine Reisling/Pinot Gris ($16)
- Brasswood Estate (formerly Cairdean Estate); 2018 Napa Valley Crystal Springs Estate Sauvignon Blanc ($38)
- Cameron Winery; 2017 Willamette Valley Lot 678 Pinot Noir ($16)
- Cirq; 2016 Russian River Valley Treehouse Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Bootlegger's Hill Pinot Noir
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2016 Cooper Mountain Pinot Noir ($28)
- Corison Winery; 2018 Corazón Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé ($40)
- Cultivar; 2018 Russian River Pinot Noir
- D’Alfonso-Curran; 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Grüner Veltliner ($38), 2018 Santa Barbara County Loureiro ($34)
- De Tierra Vineyard; 2016 Paicines Frannin Red Blend ($35), 2016 Arroyo Seco Syrah ($39)
- Eberle Winery; 2017 LegacyCabernet Sauvignon (300 1.5L cases, $200 per 1.5L)
- Elliston Vineyards; NV Sparkling Rosé ($20)
- Flat Rock Cellars; 2015 Twenty Mile Bench Gravity Pinot Noir ($32)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2017 Gap's Crown Pinot Noir (218 cases, $69), 2017 Wildcat Mountain Pinot Noir (124 cases, $64)
- J Gregory Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Coombsville Willey's Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (47 cases, $125)
- Keever Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Merlot (165 cases, $65)
- Kramer Vineyards; 2018 Yamhill-Carlton Cardiac Hill Pinot Noir ($54), 2018 Yamhill-Carlton Heritage Pinot Noir ($54), 2018 Yamhill-Carlton Carmine ($38)
- Marilyn Wines; 2018 Paso Robles Norma Jeane Merlot ($16)
- Modus Operandi Cellars; 2018 Rutherford Dalla Gasperina Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Russian River Valley Bacigalupi Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nichelini Winery; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc
- Porter Creek Vineyards; 2017 Beverly's Chardonnay ($46), 2018 Sandpiper Rosé ($32), 2016 Sandpiper Red ($55)
- Quivet Cellars; 2017 Henry Pellet Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Kenefick Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- Red Tail Ridge Winery; 2018 Sans Oak Chardonnay ($14)
- Scherrer Winery; 2016 Kick Ranch Grenache (57 cases, $38), 2016 Sonoma County Pinot Noir, 2015 Hallberg Vineyard Pinot Noir (69 cases, $75), 2014 Sasha Syrah (80 cases, $36), 2015 Sonoma County Alexander Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (160 cases, $66)
- School House Vineyard; 2015 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Pinot Noir (285 cases, $60)
- Spoto Wines; 2016 Oakville Cuvée Christiane Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot/Malbec ($95)
- St. Clair Brown Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Merlot (125 cases, $52)
- Sterling Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Sleeping Lady Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($140), 2016 Napa Valley Diamond Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon ($120), 2016 Napa Valley Mt. Veeder Yates Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($140)
- Tank Garage Winery; 2018 California Joy Ride Rose (330 cases, $30)
- Vineyard 29; 2016 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Estate Cabernet Franc
- William Hill Estate Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Coombsville Winemaker's Series Chardonnay (200 cases, $50)
August 2019 Wine Releases
- Ad Vivum; 2016 Napa Valley Sleeping Lady Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ceritas Wines; 2017 Porter-Bass Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Marena Chardonnay, 2017 Trout Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Hellenthal Old Shop Block Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2016 Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon; 2016 Yates Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Mt. Veeder); 2016 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon; 2016 Malbec - Rutherford 2016 Merlot - Oak Knoll 2016 Cooper’s Cuvee - BLACKPAW
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2018 Block 21 Sauvignon Blanc
- LaZarre Wines; 2017 Moshina Red Blend (160 cases, $54)
- Lewis Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Syrah, 2017 Alec's Blend, 2017 Ethan's Syrah, 2017 Mason's Cabernet Sauvignon
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Mendocino Vicenzo Vineyard Old Vine Carignan
- Myriad Cellars; 2017 Three Twins Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Vineyard Elysian Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard Empyrean Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Round Pond Vineyard Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Stags Leap Steltzner Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2017 Three Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Wisdom Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Bushnell Vineyard Zinfandel, 2017 Bench Vineyards Merlot
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Malbec (100 cases, $26), 2016 Claret (1,200 cases, $22)
- Senses; 2016 B.A. Thieriot Chardonnay, 2016 Tenth Stop Chardonnay, 2016 Day One Pinot Noir, 2016 Terra de Promissio Pinot Noir, 2016 MCM88 Pinot Noir
- Seven Stones Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2015 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($80)
- Sojourn Cellars; 2017 Sonoma Coast Riddle Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Coast Ridgetop Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Coast Reuling Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Russian River Valley Wohler Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Chardonnay, 2016 Napa Valley Proprietary Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon
- Villa Creek ; 2017 Avenger, 2017 High Road
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 74 winery information pages have been updated since June 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Come friends, come let us drink again, This liquid from the nectar vine, For water makes you dumb and stupid, I learn this from the fishes. Old Dutch Fisherman Song
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123