This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's May 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 130 winery updates and 62 wineries releasing wine.
This past Saturday evening, St. Helena Hospital Foundation and the St. Helena Chamber of Commerce presented their first annual Neighborhood Table Community Dinner– an al-fresco family-style dinner in beautiful downtown St. Helena in the Napa Valley. There were ~500 diners, mostly locals, who enjoyed an evening of wine, food, music, and camaraderie. Dinner was served family style and was surprisingly delicious, especially considering they had to feed all 500 of us as once - the asparagus was a fan favorite, as were the short ribs. Our group of 8 lucked out with spots in the shade during the early evening heat, but even those in the blazing sun had a blast. The Silverado Pick-ups, a local band comprised mainly of local winery owners, started the festivities with some old favorites, then closed the night with dancing.
While they sold wine at the event, guests were encouraged to bring a bottle from home. There is nothing like dinner with 500 of your closest friends to motivate one to bring a nice bottle.... One of the members of our group had recently won a 'board of directors choice' selection of wines at an auction and generously shared a few favorites from the lot.
Overall, the team executed the event flawlessly, and a great time was had by all. Our little group was among the (very) last to leave, having only gone through 13 bottles by 10:00pm. For those either in the Valley or planning a visit next spring, I would highly recommend keeping this event on your radar - well worth it and for a great cause.
The evenings menu.
Neil and Ken Monnens and Jay Parry.
A perfect sunset.
Neil and Ken Monnens and Jay Parry.
Silverado Pick-ups Band provided the evening entertainment.
And now, onto the wine releases...
May 2019 Wine Releases
- A Tribute to Grace Wine Company; 2016 Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard Gracias Madre Blanc de Noirs Grenache (31 cases, $)
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Medley (197 Cases $55)
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($104)
- Ancien Wines; 2017 Carneros Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Gris (518 cases, $32), 2017 Carneros Toyon Farm Pinot Noir (45 cases), 2017 Coombsville Mink Vineyard Pinot Noir (258 cases, $55), 2017 Coombsville Musque Chardonnay (88 cases, $42), 2017 Russian River Jouissance Pinot Noir (241 cases, $53)
- Angel Vine; 2014 Stonetree Vineyard Zinfandel, 2014 Petite Sirah
- Armida Winery; 2016 Old Vine Zinfandel ($24)
- Bella Luna Winery; 2018 Paso Robles Piccolo Rosso Rosé Sangiovese/Tempranillo/Barbera (108 cases, $28)
- Bet the Farm Winery; 2017 Pinot Noir
- Betz Family Winery; 2016 Possibility
- Brasswood Estate (formerly Cairdean Estate); 2016 Russian River Valley Estate Pinot Noir ($65)
- Broman Cellars; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($64)
- Burt Street Cellars; 2017 Chardonnay, 2017 Pinot Noir, 2015 Syrah
- Ceritas Wines; 2017 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Porter-Bass Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Elliott Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Costalina Pinot Noir
- Coquerel Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Calistoga Walnut Wash Vineyard Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon ($22)
- Correlation Wine Company; 2018 Rosé, Sauvignon Blanc
- De Tierra Vineyard; 2018 Monterey Rose ($29), 2013 Late Harvest Zinfandel ($37 per 375ml)
- Dirty & Rowdy Family Winery; 2017 Enz Vineyard Mourvèdre ($42), 2018 Alder Springs Vineyard Viognier ($42)
- Double Canyon; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc
- Fog Crest Vineyard; 2017 Sonoma Mountain Rosé ($29)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Gap's Crown Rose (75 cases, $32)
- Gallica; 2016 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Franc ($195), 2018 Calaveras Rorick Heritage Vineyard Albarino ($40)
- Haber Family Vineyards; 2016 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (330 cases, $145), 2016 Carneros Chardonnay (205 cases, $65)
- Hall Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Terra Secca Cabernet Sauvignon ($70)
- Hope & Grace; 2015 Napa Valley Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon ($85)
- Hunnicutt; 2016 Napa Valley Rutherford Brinkman Block Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Napa Valley St. Helena Wayside Cabernet Sauvignon
- Inman Family Wines; 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Gris (51 cases, $38), 2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($30), 2008 Thorn Ridge Ranch Pinot Noir ($56), 2008 OGV Estate Pinot Noir ($56)
- Knights Bridge Winery; 2017 Pont de Chevalier Sauvignon Blanc ($40), 2017 Pont de Chevalier Chardonnay ($50), 2017 East Block Chardonnay ($75), 2017 West Block Chardonnay ($75)
- Kramer Vineyards; 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir (100 cases, $24)
- La Sirena; 2018 Amador County Rosato Primitivo ($28), 2015 Napa Valley Pirate TreasuRed Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah/Grenache/Merlot/Petit Verdot/Cabernet Franc/Petite Sirah ($65)
- LaZarre Wines; 2016 Pinot Noir (160 cases, $36)
- Lede Family Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon ($185)
- Lewis Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Debbie’s Cuvee Sauvignon Blanc ($60)
- Lioco; 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains La Marisma Vineyard Chardonnay($55), 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Saveria Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Rochioli Vineyard Chardonnay
- Mackey Vineyards; 2013 Syrah ($13), 2013 Concordia Rhone Blend ($38)
- Maitre De Chai; 2017 Sonoma Coast Michael Mara Chardonnay ($45)
- Mansfield-Dunne; 2017 Cortada Alta Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir, 2017 Cortada Alta Vineyard Chardonnay
- Markham Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Rosé of Pinot Noir ($22)
- Matthews Cellars; 2016 Tenor Syrah
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2018 Sonoma Russian River Valley Viognier (125 cases, $34)
- Morovino; 2016 Reserve Dolcetto ($45)
- Notre Vin; 2015 Napa Valley Commbsville Malbec (16 cases, $115)
- Otis Kenyon; 2016 Merlot ($39), 2016 Stellar Vineyard Syrah ($39)
- Pahlmeyer; 2018 Sonoma Coast Jayson Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25), 2017 Sonoma Coast Jayson Pinot Noir ($50), 2018 Napa Valley Jayson Sauvignon Blanc ($30)
- Pali Wine Company; 2018 Estate Rosé of Pinot Noir ($30), 2018 PCH Rosé of Pinot Noir ($20), 2018 Sunset Rosé ($20)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2017 Mother Clone Zinfandel
- Red Thread Wine Company; 2018 Howell Mountain Rose of Zinfandel (56 cases, $26)
- Revenant Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (143 cases, $75), 2014 Napa Valley The Decker Red Blend (75 cases, $60)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2015 Gunselman Bench Cabernet Sauvignon (100 cases, $36), 2018 Rose of Cabernet Franc (30 cases, $20)
- Robert Keenan Winery; 2015 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Zinfandel (549 cases, $39)
- Samsara; 2018 Santa Barbara County Rosé (137 cases, $28)
- Seven Oxen; 2015 Tannat (76 cases)
- Shane Wine Cellars; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Infraction Sauvignon Blanc ($17), 2017 Sonoma County Pagani Ranch Zinfandel ($20)
- Sol Rouge; 2016 Gypsy Blanc ($32), 2015 Gypsy Rouge ($32), 2015 Zinfandel ($32), 2015 Syrah ($36), 2015 Petite Sirah ($45), 2014 The Keep ($60)
- Stags' Leap Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Viognier ($32)
- T-Vine Cellars; 2018 California Homegrown White Wine Gewürztraminer/Grüner Veltliner/Riesling ($32)
- Tank Garage Winery; 2017 Sierra Foothills The Art of Surfing Red Wine ($50)
- Tatomer Wines; 2018 Rosé of Pinot ($28), 2016 Kick-on Ranch Pinot Noir ($50), 2016 Duvarita Pinot Noir ($50), 2017 Vandenberg Riesling ($28), 2017 Kick-on Ranch Riesling ($38)
- Three Sticks Winery; 2017 William James Vineyard Pinot Noir ($70), 2017 Durell Vineyard Pinot Blanc ($50)
- Verdad; 2017 Sawyer Lindquist Vineyard Grenache, 2018 Viognier/Chardonnay, 2017 Central Coast Lindquist Family Syrah (390 cases)
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2018 Jezebel Blanc ($15),
- Yorba Wines; 2018 Rosado
June 2019 Wine Releases
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 103 winery information pages have been updated since April 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "To the sun that warmed the vineyard, To the juice that turned to wine, To the host that cracked the bottle, And made it yours and mine. Unknown
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123