This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's April 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 92 winery updates and 43 wineries releasing wine.
For those outside of the Napa Valley, you've probably seen news of the record levels of rain we've received this winter.
For those here, you are looking at (yet another) one of those rainy days today.
While the rain has rendered the hills a glossy green and the valleys are full of mustard, we did receive a very welcome break a few weeks ago.
And what better way to celebrate one of the first sunny weekends of the year than to attend Round Pond's release party.
For those who've seen the pictures on the website, the hype is real - some of the best views in the Valley, from their rooftop deck.
After being greeted with a Sauvignon Blanc paired with perfectly fried arancini, our party of six made our way out to the back patio and found a high table, well suited to looking at the amazing views and tasting the other two wines.
Grilled fennel paired with the Sangiovese and a spicy flatbread was served with the Cabernet Sauvignon. While no one in our group won the raffle, we did make a pact to return for the summer happy hours on the deck.
Overall, a great event, perfect way to celebrate the sun, and a nice start to a fun evening.
Our next stop was the tasting room at Restoration Hardware Restaurant in Yountville (formerly the tasting building known as Ma(i)sonry). We found ourselves in a private room, and shared a bottle of Radio-Coteau Pinot Noir. I've had several meals at Restoration Hardware's restaurant and enjoyed a few bottles at the tasting room. Each time it gets better and better and is a great addition to an otherwise fantastic town.
Dinner was at Redd Wood. Flatbread, barrata, cocktails, squid ink pasta, roasted chicken, and more wine. A perfect entrée into the spring season here in the Valley....
And now, onto the wine releases...
April 2019 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards, Cabernet Franc (305 cases, $40), 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Dolcetto (158 cases, $38)
- Alexana Winery; 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Anthem Winery; 2017 Carsi Ranch Vineyard Sauvignon Bland (180 cases, $55)
- Auclair Winery; 2018 Red Mountain 96 Cedars Rose
- Bacigalupi Vineyards; 2018 Russian River Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($180 cases, $32), 2017 Russian River Valley Chardonnay (93 cases, $62), 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (353 cases, $69), 2017 Russian River Valley Goddard Ranch Pinot Noir (134 cases, $76), 2017 Russian River Valley Frost Ranch Pinot Noir (138 cases, $76)
- Bethel Heights Vineyard; 2018 Pinot Noir Rosé ($28)
- Brasswood Estate (formerly Cairdean Estate); 2016 Napa Valley Combsville Estate Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($85), 2018 Russian River Valley Estate Haley Margaret Rosé (65 cases, $38)
- Cellars 33; 2018 Sonoma Coast Rose' of Pinot Noir ($20), 2018 Lodi Clements Hills Terra Alta Vineyard Picpoul Blanc ($24)
- Chaix Wines; 2018 Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon ($30)
- Chanin; 2017 Schock Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (71 cases, $50), 2017 Sanford & Benedict Vineyard Chardonnay (263 cases, $45)
- Charles Hendricks Wines; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Smith Vineyard Pinot Noir ($90)
- Chateau Montelena Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Coniglio Wines; 2017 California Chardonnay
- Coquerel Wines; 2018 Verdelho, 2015 Terroir Sauvignon Blanc
- Corison Winery; 2015 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Davis Estates; 2017 Napa Valley Chardonnay (989 cases, $48), 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc (539 cases, $75), 2016 Oakville Swanson Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (452 cases, $125)
- Desparada Wines; 2018 Paso Robles Highlands Chenin Blanc ($38), 2018 Arclight Rosé Nebbiolo/Sangiovese ($38), 2017 California Sackcloth and Ashes Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Petit Verdot/Malbec ($38), 2017 California Borderlands Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Grenache/Syrah ($38)
- Dracaena Wines; 2018 Rose' of Syrah ($20)
- Five Vintners; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (343 cases, $44)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Anderson Valley Dry Gewurztraminer (290 cases, $31), 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc (175 cases, $32)
- Gentleman Farmer Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Hafner Vineyard; 2016 Alexander Valley Reserve Chardonnay, 2018 Alexander Valley Rose
- Jana Winery; 2018 Amador County Rosé of Barbera ($20), 2018 Lake County Sauvignon Blanc ($24), 2018 California Jana Tickle Me Pink Chardonnay/Riesling/Syrah ($16), 2018 Vermentino ($24)
- KrisTodd Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Rose
- Lindstrom Wines; 2016 Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon (340 cases, $150)
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($64)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Vincenzo Old Vine Carignane
- MacRostie Winery; 2016 Clockwise Cabernet Sauvignon ($68)
- Matthews Cellars; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc ($24), 2016 Reserve Merlot
- Matthiasson; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (1,600 cases, $60), 2017 Napa Valley White Wine (725 cases, $40)
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2017 Rosé of Grenache ($26)
- Mirror Wine Co; 2018 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Melrose Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($28)
- Myriad Cellars; 2017 Beckstoffer Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Rutherford Dust Zinfandel
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- Pomum Cellars; 2016 Tinto Tempranillo, 2016 Syrah
- Red Mare Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Alpha Mare ($168)
- Revenant Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Griot Cellars Cuvee du Griot (79 cases, $30)
- Sans Liege Wines; 2018 Paso Robles Groundwork Beato Vineyard Picpoul Nouveau (200 cases, $18), 2017 Santa Barbara County Groundwork Syrah (759 cases, $20)
- Somnium Wine; 2018 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Estate Rosé Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Petit Verdot ($38)
- Spoto Wines; 2016 Beckstoffer Amber Knolls Cabernet Sauvignon ($100), 2016 Oakville Cuvee ($90)
- Wonderment Wines; 2016 Bacigalupi Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (133 cases, $44), 2016 Pritchett Peaks Vineyard Zinfandel (217 cases, $55), 2016 Burton Ranch Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (311 cases, $35), 2016 Bacigalupi Vineyard Petite Sirah (184 cases, $48)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2018 Aspen Pinot Gris, 2018 Rose
May 2019 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Medley (197 Cases $55)
- Betz Family Winery; 2016 Possibility
- Broman Cellars; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($64)
- Ceritas Wines; 2017 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Porter-Bass Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Elliott Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Costalina Pinot Noir
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Gap's Crown Rose (75 cases, $32)
- Haber Family Vineyards; 2016 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (330 cases, $145), 2016 Carneros Chardonnay (205 cases, $65)
- LaZarre Wines; 2016 Pinot Noir (160 cases, $36)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Rochioli Vineyard Chardonnay
- Matthews Cellars; 2016 Tenor Syrah
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2018 Sonoma Russian River Valley Viognier (125 cases, $34)
- Morovino; 2016 Reserve Dolcetto ($45)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2017 Mother Clone Zinfandel
- Red Thread Wine Company; 2018 Howell Mountain Rose of Zinfandel
- Revenant Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (143 cases, $75), 2014 Napa Valley The Decker Red Blend (75 cases, $60)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2015 Gunselman Bench Cabernet Sauvignon (100 cases, $36), 2018 Rose of Cabernet Franc (30 cases, $20)
- Verdad; 2017 Sawyer Lindquist Vineyard Grenache, 2018 Viognier/Chardonnay
- Yorba Wines; 2018 Rosado
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 92 winery information pages have been updated since March 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, sermons and soda water the day after. George Gordon Byron
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123