This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's January 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 40 winery updates and 27 wineries releasing wine.
Hope your holidays were fun. We spent most of our time at our home in St. Helena. We rediscovered Compline restaurant in Napa (1300 1st St # 312) and had two excellent dinners there. The restaurant (tucked away down a breezeway a short distance from Eiko's) boasts 400+ wines from around the world, many not seen on restaurant wine lists and great food and service.
We also discovered Lovina in Calistoga. A quaint restaurant located on Cedar at Lincoln Ave. Service was excellent, and the food was amazing.
For New Year’s we made salmon and scallop nigiri, sashimi and sushi rolls from Santa Rosa Seafood fish. We had a great time attempting to form the rice into nigiri and smashing it into the seaweed for rolls. We paired the sushi with sake and Sancerre.
At 9pm as we watched the ball drop and tried to convince the kids it was midnight, but that didn’t work since my daughter knows that New York is 3 hours ahead of San Francisco. We still managed to get them to bed before 10pm.
And now, onto the wine releases...
January 2019 Wine Releases
- Abacela Winery; 2013 Paramour (97 cases, $100)
- Arnot-Roberts; 2018 Rosé of Touriga Nacional
- Brochelle Vineyards; XX Anniversary Cuvee Zinfandel/Petite Sirah/Grenache/Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Verdot (25 cases, $125), 2016 Lodi Clements Hills Bubbles Cuvee Blanc de Blanc Methode Champenoise Sparkling Wine ($32)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2007 D'Arideaux Rouge
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2017 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Lot 668 Sangiovese Rosé (200 cases, $16), 2016 Red Mountain Lot 646 Syrah (150 cases, $18)
- Casa Larga Vineyards; 2016 Finger Lakes 45th Anniversary Estate Reserve Pinot Noir ($30)
- Clark-Claudon Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (120 cases, $150)
- Coniglio Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Di Costanzo; 2016 Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (250 cases)
- Heitz Cellars; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (22,400 cases, $63), 2014 Ink Grade Vineyard Zinfandel ($30)
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2017 Gold Coast Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2014 Brix Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Le Vigne Winery; 2015 Paso Robles Cuore Della Vigna Tuscan Blend Sangiovese/Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Sirah (228 cases, $43)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Dakine Vineyard Merlot
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2016 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Syrah (95 cases, $49)
- Medlock Ames; 2016 Alexander Valley King Cake Cabernet Sauvignon Dessert Wine ($30 for 375ml)
- Modus Operandi Cellars; 2015 Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Wrath Vineyard Syrah
- Myriad Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Dr Crane Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Oakville East Exposure; 2016 Napa Valley Franc 'N Stern Cabernet Franc, 2016 Core Stone Red Wine, 2016 Napa Valley Oakville Harter Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- Outpost Estate Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Howell Mountain True Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2016 Napa Valley Howell Mountain True Vineyard Immigrant Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc ($115), 2016 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($95)
- Rhys Vineyards; 2016 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir ($49), 2016 Anderson Valley Chardonnay ($45)
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2016 J&S Reserve Barbera
- Sightglass Cellars; 2018 Conner Lee Vineyard Unoaked Chardonnay, 2017 Malbec (75 cases), 2016 Indomitable Red Wine Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sloan; 2015 Proprietary Red ($527), 2015 Asterisk Proprietary Red ($177)
- Sojourn Cellars; 2017 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2017 Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Coast Gap’s Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Rodgers Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Walala Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2016 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Home Ranch Cuvée Cabernet Sauvignon
- Terra Blanca Vineyards; 2015 ONYX Bordeaux Blend
- Walla Walla Vintners ; 2015 Red Mountain Carménère ($44)
February 2019 Wine Releases
- Alta Colina Vineyard & Winery; 2018 Paso Robles Adelaida District Estate Grenache Rose (130 cases, $26)
- Anthem Winery; 2015 Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $110)
- Coquerel Wines; 2018 Le Petit Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Tempranillo
- Dracaena Wines; 2016 Plummer Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Franc ($45)
- Fiddlehead Cellars; 2018 Pink Fiddle Dry Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Hafner Vineyard; 2014 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Lamborn Family Vineyards; 2016 Howell Mountain 2200' Red Blend (252 cases, $75)
- LaZarre Wines; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (200 cases, $24), 2018 Vin Gris Rose' (120 cases, $24)
- Lewis Cellars; 2016 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Reserve Chardonnay, 2017 Barcaglia Lane Chardonnay
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Pinot Noir ($45)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2015 Duke 42 Red Wine
- Lorenza; 2018 California Rosé, NV Spritz Rose Wine
- Matthiasson; 2018 California Rosé (2,000 cases, $24)
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2013 Napa Valley Rutherford Dust Cabernet Sauvignon
- Optima Winery; 2018 Dry Creek Valley Gewürztraminer
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Albarino
- Perliss Vineyards; 2016 The Ravens Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pott Wines; 2016 Mt Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon
- Quivet Cellars; 2017 Syrah ($46)
- Revenant Winery; NV Napa Valley Conteur Cellars Syrah (53 cases, $20)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Cabernet Franc (100 cases, $26), 2015 Phinny Cabernet Sauvignon (100 cases, $36)
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2016 Cattedrale Barbera, 2014 Napa Valley Jana Cathedral Cabernet Sauvignon
- Senses; 2016 Charles Heintz Chardonnay, 2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Villa Creek ; 2017 Willow Creek Cuvée, 2017 Garnacha
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 40 winery information pages have been updated since December 15, 2018:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Good wine is a necessity of life for me. Thomas Jefferson
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123