This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's November 15, 2018 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 105 winery updates and 48 wineries releasing wine.
We have begun to add 2019 wine releases to WineRelease.com. We will update, as always, when we get information from the wineries or read about it in their newsletters.
The movie, Somm 3 premiered in St Helena this past month. After a delicious dinner at the St Helena Sherpa Kitchen (chicken tikka masala, saag paneer, garlic naan and the grilled lamb are favorite dishes), our crew headed to the Cameo Theatre in St Helena (northern Napa Valley) for the worldwide premier of Somm 3.
Armed with our $3 BYOB (bring your own bowl) of popcorn and glasses of wine provided by the theater, we settled into our seats in the sold out showing. If your travels bring you to northern Napa, the acoustics at the Cameo are wonderful and there isn’t a bad seat in the house at the Cameo.
The movie was great. It featured Rajat Parr, who oversaw the wine program of the Michael Mina restaurant group before starting his own wineries in Oregon (Evening Land) and the Central Coast of California (Domaine de la Cote and Sandhi).
I won’t offer any spoilers here, other than to say that the live Q&A session with Jason Wise and Jay James (MS, Guild of Sommeliers) was one of the best I’ve seen and I’m glad I jumped on my cell and purchased some Domaine de la Cote after the show.
Highly recommend you all check out the movie.
And now, onto the wine releases...
November 2018 Wine Releases
- Ad Vivum; 2015 Napa Valley Sleeping Lady Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($160)
- Angwin Estate Vineyards; 2013 Estate Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon ($120), 2013 Estate Vineyards The Kissing Trees Cabernet Sauvignon ($70)
- Anthem Winery; 2015 Mt. Veeder Estate Merlot (50 cases, $75)
- Auclair Winery; 2015 Red Mountain Heart of The Hill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Red Mountain 96 Cedars Red Wine
- Belle Pente Vineyard & Winery; 2015 Yamhill-Carlton Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (664 cases, $35), 2015 Dundee Hills Murto Vineyard Pinot Noir (594 cases, $35), 2016 Willamette Valley Gamay Noir (70 cases, $25), 2016 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (867 cases, $22.50), 2014 Willamette Valley Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Gris (622 cases, $16), 2015 Willamette Valley Belle Oiseau Riesling/Gewurztraminer/Pinot Gris/Muscat (104 cases, $16)
- Brand Napa Valley; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (500 cases, $250), 2016 Napa Valley Proprietary Blend (400 cases, $250)
- Brogan Cellars; 2016 Mendocino County iRE Red Wine
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Rosemary’s Block Zinfandel (700 cases, $55), 2016 Napa Valley Mickey’s Block Zinfandel (625 cases, $55)
- Buty Winery; 2014 Beast Phinny Hill Vineyard Reserva Style Malbec ($35), 2016 Beast Phinny Hill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($42)
- Cain Vineyard and Winery; 2014 Cain Five
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2016 Calistoga Lot 666 Cabernet Sauvignon (450 cases, $29)
- Cameron Winery; 2016 Clos Electrique Blanc, 2016 Clos Electrique Rouge, 2016 Abbey Ridge Chardonnay, 2016 Abbey Ridge Pinot Noir, 2014 Willamette Valley Nebbiolo, 2015 Massale
- Carlisle Winery & Vineyards ; 2016 Sonoma County The Derivative White Wine, 2016 Russian River Valley Carlisle Vineyard Zinfandel,
- Convergence Zone Cellars; 2014 Red Mountain Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Mistral Red Blend (139 cases, $32), 2015 Yakima Valley Dineen vineyard Fly Rod Cellars Trico Cabernet Franc (45 cases, $29), 2016 Red Mountain Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Drizzle Pinot Gris (151 cases, $15)
- Corison Winery; 2015 Napa Valley St. Helena Sunbasket Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($185)
- Dirty & Rowdy Family Winery; 2016 Napa Valley St. Helena Maple's Spring Street Petite Sirah ($60)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2017 Chileno Valley Vineyard Riesling
- Fairchild Estate; 2015 Stones No 3. Cabernet Sauvignon
- Galerie Wines; 2017 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Terracea Riesling ($50), 2017 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Terracea Riesling ($50)
- Gandona Estate; 2016 Chardonnay
- Gargiulo Vineyards; 2017 Chardonnay
- John Tyler Wines; 2016 Santa Ynez Valley Happy Canyon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2017 Block 21 Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Three Sisters Chardonnay
- LaZarre Wines; 2016 Paso Robles Moshina Red Blend (40 cases), 2017 Paso Robles Moshina White Blend
- Le Vigne Winery; 2015 Di Ranchita Vista Cabernet Franc ($43)
- Lewelling Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (708 cases), 2016 Napa Valley Lewelling Wight Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (461 cases)
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon ($80)
- Morell-Peña; NV Blanc de Blanc ($55), NV Blanc de Noir ($55)
- Nine Suns Winery; 2015 Houyi Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Piña Cellars; 2014 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Buckeye Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pott Wines; 2016 Stag's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 St Helena Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Pritchard Hill Stagecoach Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- R. A. Harrison Family Cellars; 2016 Suisun Valley Zosia Malbec (100 cases, $42), 2016 Diamond Mountain Zosia Proprietary Red (125 cases, $80)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2016 Columbia Valley Dionysus Vineyard Living in the Limelight Petit Verdot (112 cases, $60), 2014 Walla Walla Valley QED Convergence Syrah/Grenache/Mourvedre/Viognier (155 cases, $50), 2014 Walla Walla Valley Principia Reserve Syrah (88 cases, $95)
- Red Thread Wine Company; 2018 Howell Mountain Sparkling Brut Rose
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $32)
- Samsara; 2017 Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay (200 cases, $38), 2017 Zotovich Vineyard Chardonnay (100 cases, $48)
- Saxon Brown Wines; 2015 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2016 Vineyard 1869 Zinfandel, 2016 J&S Reserve Syrah
- Sinegal Estate; 2015 Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Soos Creek Wine Cellars; 2017 Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon (250 cases, $18)
- T-Vine Cellars; 2016 Dry Creek Zinfandel ($45)
- Tank Garage Winery; 2017 California Jive Turkey Red Wine Sangiovese/Gewürztraminer (78 cases, $45)
- Turtle Rock Vineyards; 2016 Willow's Cuvee (209 cases, $54)
- Vina Robles; 2015 Huerhuero Vineyard Petit Verdot (493 cases, $32), 2015 Adelaida Springs Ranch Suendero (309 cases, $62), 2015 Huerhuero Vineyard Tannat (203 cases, $34)
- Walter Hansel Vineyards; 2017 Lake County Sauvignon Blanc (840 cases, $15), 2016 Russian River Valley Estate Chardonnay (942 cases, $25), 2016 Russian River Valley Meadows Chardonnay (799 cases, $28), 2016 Russian River Valley Cuvee Alyce Chardonnay (1,085 cases, $36), 2016 Russian River Valley Cahill Lane Pinot Noir (812 cases, $42), 2016 Russian River Valley North Slope Pinot Noir (1,156 cases, $42), 2016 Russian River Valley Cuvee Alyce Pinot Noir (937 cases, $45)
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2017 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir ($26), 2017 Seven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon. (66 cases, $38)
- Wonderment Wines; 2017 Hyde Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (175 cases, $30)
- Ziata Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Mia Madre Red Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec/Petit Verdot ($100)
December 2018 Wine Releases
- Avennia Winery; 2016 Justine Southern Rhone Red Blend ($38), 2016 Gravura Bordeaux Style Red Blend ($38)
- Gargiulo Vineyards; 2015 575 OVX Cabernet Sauvignon
- Olabisi Winery; 2016 Napa Valley Proprietary Red Wine, 2016 Black Pearl Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wonderment Wines; 2016 Dutton-Campbell Vineyard Pinot Noir (314 cases, $44), 2016 Dr. Stan's Vineyard Pinor Noir (73 cases, $55)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 105 winery information pages have been updated since October 15, 2018:
Didn't get a vineyard shot this month. But there isn't much happening as the vines go dormant.
Wine Quote of the Month: "Who does not love wine, women, and song, remains a fool his whole life long. Johann Heinrich Voss
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123