This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's January 15, 2017 Monthly Newsletter.
Happy New Year!
Sorry for the three day delay, we were up in St. Helena dealing with storm issues and I am now back at my desk.
A little over a week ago California received much needed rain, although it was within a few days causing flood issues in the Napa Valley.
A dry creek runs along our property line and the rains rose the raging waters two feet from a little bridge that our neighbors use and downed two trees on the bank of the creek right into the creek (large tree on the left and a medium size tree is in the water on the right) blocking and collecting debris.
Left alone, the trees could clog and eventually over run our property.
Hydro static pressure also caused our basement cracks to spring small fountains that leaked enough water that our basement pump couldn't handle.
I installed a secondary sump pump as backup and temporarily solved the problem by covering the cracks with my wet suit and piling on sand bags to reduce the incoming water. Video on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/WineRelease/).
On Saturday, before we started started up the chainsaw to remove the trees from the creek, my wife and I had a lovely tasting at Viader, just five minutes from our house. Their wines and views, are amazing.
And now, onto the wines...
January 2017 Wine Releases
- Amavi Cellars; 2014 Syrah (2,393 cases, $33)
- Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards; 2014 Pinot Noir
- August West; 2015 Russian River Valley Graham Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (194 cases, $48), 2015 Santa Lucia Highlands Peterson Vineyard Pinot Noir (167 cases, $48)
- Banknote Wine Company; 2015 Sonoma Counterfeit Cabernet Sauvignon
- Caroline Cellars; 2016 Pinot Gris, 2016 Unoaked Chardonnay
- Coniglio Wines; 2014 Napa Valley Merlot
- Fleury Estate Winery; 2016 Rosé ($18)
- Gibbons Lane Vineyard; 2013 Donedei Merlot, 2013 Donedei Cabernet Sauvignon
- Koehler Winery; 2013 Santa Ynez Valley Magia Nera (331 cases, $35), 2014 Santa Ynez Valley Syrah (800 cases, $30)
- MARA Winery; 2011 Russian River Valley Laughlin Road Ranch Martinelli Pinot Noir ($70)
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2015 Alegria Vineyard Cabernet Franc (200 cases, $28)
- Ramey Wine Cellars; 2014 Russian River Valley Chardonnay ($40)
- Retzlaff Vineyards; 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Merlot, 2015 Sauvignon Blanc, 2015 Chardonnay, 2015 Rose'
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2014 Vineyard 1869 (350 cases, $48), 2014 Reserve Barbera (520 cases $38)
- Sojourn Cellars; 2015 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2015 Sonoma Coast Rodgers Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2015 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay, 2014 Sonoma Valley Home Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wind Gap; 2014 Mi-Pente Pinot Noir, 2015 Woodruff Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Woodruff Vineyard Pinot Noir
February 2017 Wine Releases
- Anomaly Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Coniglio Wines; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Crocker & Starr; 2014 Cabernet Franc (500 cases, $80)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2015 Sonoma Coast Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (175 cases, $52), 2015 Lake County Rose (102 cases, $29), 2014 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (152 cases, $58)
- Hafner Vineyard; 2012 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- J.K Carriere; 2011 Blanc de Noir WV Sparkling Wine (320 cases, $80)
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2016 Rosé
- Koehler Winery; 2015 Santa Ynez Valley Riesling (300 cases, $20)
- Lewis Cellars; 2014 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Napa Valley Reserve Chardonnay, 2015 Russian River Valley Barcaglia Lane Chardonnay
- Lorenza; 2016 Rosé of Grenache/Carignan/Mourvèdre/Cinsault
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2016 Dry Rosé of Zinfandel, 2016 East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, 2016 Friends White, 2015 Friends Red
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2014 Wapato Ridge Pinot Noir
- Perliss Vineyards; 2014 Estate The Ravens Cabernet Sauvignon (270 cases, $125)
- Ramey Wine Cellars; 2014 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($40)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2014 Cabernet Franc, 2014 Malbec
- Spence Vineyards; 2013 Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Three Clicks; 2016 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc (700 cases, $20), 2016 Sonoma County Rockpile Grenache Blanc (225 cases, $30)
- Whitehall Lane Winery; 2014 Napa Valley St. Helena Frawn Park Vineyard Petit Verdot
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 53 winery information pages have been updated since December 15, 2016:
Wine Quote of the Month: "I feast on bread and wine, and feasts they are. Michelangelo
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2016 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123