This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's January 15, 2014 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 2,001 winery listings strong.
Happy New Year to everyone!
It only took 14 years but we passed the 2,000 mark and now have 2,001 wineries listed on WineRelease.com.
Our family had a great Christmas and New Years. We spent most of the time at our new house in St. Helena with friends and family over various weekends.
One Saturday morning we did a tour and tasting at Viader Vineyards in Howell Mountain, just above our house. We tasted through three of their current vintages and were impressed. Their caves and views are a great experience.
And now, onto the wines...
January 2014 Wine Releases
- Adelsheim Vineyard; 2009 Vintage 32 Pinot Noir (87 cases, $180)
- Airfield Wines; 2012 Dolcetto, 2012 Zinfandel, 2012 Barbera
- Amizetta Estate Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Napa Valley Estate Complexity Bordeaux Blend
- Arista Winery; 2013 Ferrington Vineyard Gewurztraminer, 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2012 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2012 Longbow Pinot Noir, 2012 Bacigalupi Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2012 Mononi Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2012 Toboni Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2012 Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- August West; 2012 Graham Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (214 cases, $45), 2012 Rosella's Vineyard Pinot Noir (374 cases, $45)
- Big Basin Vineyards; 2011 Coastview Chardonnay (43 cases, $44), 2011 Coastview Pinot Noir (163 cases, $44), 2010 Coastview Syrah (205 cases, $48), 2011 Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon (167 cases, $39)
- Blind Dog Wines; NV Midnight Run Cuvee
- Bryant Family Vineyard; 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Bettina Proprietary Red Wine Blend, 2011 DB4 Red Wine Blend
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2012 Santa Ynez Valley Lot 408 Syrah (3,000 cases, $15), 2010 Russian River Valley Lot 270 Sauvignon Blanc (5,200 cases, $11), 2012 Central Coast Lot 425 Pinot Noir (4,500 cases, $16)
- Cameron Winery; 2011 Arley's Leap Pinot Noir, 2012 Dundee Hills Chardonnay
- Cima Collina; 2012 Tondre Chardonnay ($38), 2009 Monterey County Pinot Noir ($27), 2010 Chalone Pinot Noir ($33), 2010 Tondre Dry Riesling ($17), 2012 Tondre Late Harvest Riesling ($18)
- Claiborne & Churchill Winery; 2012 Oliver's Vineyard Chardnonnay (164 cases, $32), 2012 30th Anniversary Blend Jubilaum Red (202 cases, $40), 2012 30th Anniversary Cuvée Sparkling Blanc de Blancs (180 cases, $42)
- Clos Saron; 2011 Sierra Foothills Home Vineyard Pinot Noir (110 cases, $55)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2011 Mountain Terroir Pinot Noir
- D-Cubed Cellars; 2010 Howell Mountain Black Sears Vineyard ($50)
- DeSante Wines; 2012 L'Atelier Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon
- Duck Walk Vineyards; 2010 Long Island Malbec
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2012 Dutton Ranch Chardonnay (3,343 cases, $35), NV Spectrum Red Wine Blend Syrah/Zinfandel/Pinot Noir (1,017 cases, $32)
- Fiddlehead Cellars; 2013 Pink Fiddle Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Flora Springs Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Trilogy Red Wine ($75)
- Foxen; 2012 Tinaquaic Vineyard Chardonnay, 2012 Vogelzang Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Jeanne Marie-Williamson Doré Vineyard Cuvee
- Girardet Wine Cellars; 2012 Bush Vines Tempranillo
- Goosecross Cellars; 2011 Howell Mountain Petite Sirah (240 cases, $64), 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc (138 cases, $59), 2010 Napa Valley Merlot (615 cases, $48), 2011 Napa Valley Zinfandel (782 cases, $46) 2011 Carneros Syrah (404 cases, $39)
- Hartwell Estate Vineyards; 2012 Estate H Cabernet Sauvignon
- Lamborn Family Vineyards; 2013 Howell Mountain Mary-Hãna Rosé (200 cases, $34)
- Larkin Wines; 2011 Napa Valley Pritchard Hill Jack Larkin Cabernet Sauvignon (50 cases, $75)
- Mahoney Vineyards; 2013 Fleur Pinot Noir Rose (1,200 cases, $15), 2012 Carneros Fleur Pinot Noir (12,000 cases, $18)
- Martinelli Winery; 2012 Russian River Valley Giuseppe & Luisa Zinfandel
- Memaloose Wines; 2011 Idiot's Grace Mistral Ranch Whimsy Cabernet Franc/Sangiovese/Cabernet Sauvignon ($19), 2012 Idiot's Grace Sauvignon Blanc ($23), 2012 Idiot's Grace Dolcetto ($22)
- Myriad Cellars; 2012 Las Madres Vineyard Syrah ($40), 2012 Las Madres Vineyard 100% Whole Cluster Syrah ($44), 2012 Sugarloaf Mountain Syrah ($40), 2012 Sugarloaf Mountain 100% Whole Cluster Syrah ($44), 2013 McGah Family Vineyard Semillon ($25)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2012 Sonoma County Friends Red
- Rhys Vineyards; 2011 Alesia Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($39), 2011 Alesia Alder Springs Chardonnay ($39)
- Rideau Vineyard; 2011 La Presa Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay, 2011 Estate Syrah, 2011 Estate Syrah, 2012 Estate Reserve Viognier
- Ridge Vineyards; 2010 Lytton Estate Zinfandel ($32)
- Saunter Wines; 2011 Howell Mountain Eagle Summit Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Seghesio Family Vineyards; 2010 Defiant Aglianico/Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon ($48)
- Shane Wine Cellars; 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2012 Villain Syrah, 2013 Grenache Blanc, 2013 Ma Fille Rosé
- Benjamin Silver Wines; 2010 Santa Barbara County El Ojo Blanco Cuvee Uno Viognier (689 cases), NV Fifty Cask Tawny Dessert Wine ($20)
- Smasne Cellars; 2011 Upland Vineyard Mourvedre ($44), 2011 Upland Vineyard Ancient Rocks ($44), 2012 Francis Reserve White ($24), 2011 Yakima Valley Syrah ($30)
- Sojourn Cellars; 2012 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (525 cases, $38), 2012 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay (300 cases, $45), 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (1,375 cases, 39), 2012 Sonoma Coast Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir (1,150 cases, $54), 2012 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (825 cases, $54), 2012 Sonoma Coast Rodgers Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir (725 cases, $48), 2011 Napa Valley Rutherford Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Sonoma Valley Home Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $48), 2011 Napa Valley Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon (125 cases, $69)
- Story Winery; 2012 Creekside Zinfandel
- T-Vine Cellars; 2010 Howell Mountain Black Sears Zinfandel ($50)
- Terry Hoage Vineyards; 2012 The Gap Cuvee Blanc, 2011 Skins Grenache, 2011 The Pick Grenache Cuvee, 2011 The 46 Grenache-Syrah, 2011 5 Blocks Syrah Cuvee, 2011 The Hedge Syrah, 2011 Three-Four Syrah
- Tor Kenward Family Vineyard; 2011 Tierra Roja Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Mast Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Toucan Wines; 2011 Old-Vine Evangelho vineyard Carignane (238 cases, $34)
- Whitehall Lane Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Merlot
- Wilson Winery; 2010 Dry Creek Valley Ellie's Petite Sirah, 2011 Dry Creek Valley Reserve Tori Zinfandel, 2010 Dry Creek Valley Sydney Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wind Gap; 2012 Santa Cruz Mountains Woodruff Vineyard Pinot Noir (75 cases, $60), 2012 Chalk Hill Windsor Oaks Vineyard Pinot Gris (233 cases, $32), 2010 Santa Cruz Mountains Woodruff Vineyard Chardonnay (75 cases, $45)
February 2014 Wine Releases
- Airfield Wines; 2012 Roussanne, 2012 Marsanne, 2012 Counoise, 2012 Mourvedre, 2012 Grenache, 2012 Syrah, 2012 Malbec
- Anomaly Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bacio Divino; 2011 Janzen Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (195 cases, $175), 2011 Janzen Beckstoffer Missouri Hopper Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (158 cases, $100), 2011 Janzen Cloudy's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (122 cases, $100), 2011 Janzen Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $50), 2011 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (150 cases, $100)
- Casaeda Wines; 2012 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Clark-Claudon Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dashe Cellars ; 2012 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
- De Tierra Vineyard; 2009 Estate Merlot, 2010 Montery Syrah
- Denner Vineyards; 2011 Paso Robles Syrah, 2011 Mother of Exiles Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot/Cabernet Franc/Merlot, 2013 Paso Robles Theresa Roussanne/Grenache Blanc/Picpoul/Marsanne, 2012 Zinfandel
- Don Carlo Vineyard; 2010 Estate Merlot (225 cases, $34)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2012 Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (5,749 cases, $40)
- Falkner Winery; 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Girardet Wine Cellars; 2012 Syrah
- Goosecross Cellars; NV Amerital Napa Valley Red Sangiovese/Cabernet Sauvignon (324 cases, $48)
- Hafner Vineyard; 2009 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hartwell Estate Vineyards; 2013 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2013 Rose' (300 cases, $18)
- Latah Creek; 2012 Chardonnay (700 cases, $12)
- Lewis Cellars; 2011 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($135), 2012 Reserve Chardonnay ($70), 2012 Barcaglia Lane Chardonnay ($70), 2013 Vin Gris Syrah ($24)
- Mahoney Vineyards; 2011 Las Brisas Vineyard Pinot Noir (400 cases, $38), 2013 Las Brisas Vineyard Vermentino (1,200 cases, $18)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2013 Dry Creek Valley Dry Rosé of Zinfandel, 2013 Dry Creek Valley East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc
- Ramey Wine Cellars; 2012 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, 2011 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2011 Sonoma Coast Syrah
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2011 Cabernet Franc (100 cases, $26)
- Rudius Wines; 2012 Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay, 2011 Fion Bainise
- School House Vineyard; 2010 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Pinot Noir, 2010 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Mescolanza Zinfandel Blend, 2010 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Mescolanza Syrah Blend, 2011 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Chardonnay
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($110)
- Story Winery; 2012 Picnic Hill Zinfandel, 2012 Alitia Zinfandel
- Thomas Coyne Winery; 2006 Livermore Syrah, 2010 California Reserve Quest, 2008 Livermore Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Livermore Merlot,NV Vino Tinto Barato
- Tor Kenward Family Vineyard; 2012 Durell Vineyard Chardonnay, 2012 Napa Valley Hudson Vineyard Chardonnay, 2012 Napa Valley Torchiana Beresini Vineyard Chardonnay
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2012 Barrel Select Pinot Noir (190 cases), 2012 Cabernet Franc (94 cases)
- Wilson Winery; 2010 Dry Creek Valley Sawyer Petite Sirah, 2011 Dry Creek Valley Reserve Sawyer Zinfandel
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 44 winery information pages have been updated since December 15, 2013:
Wine Quote of the Month: "I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. Bishop of Seville
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Howell Mountain Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2014 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123