This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's March 15, 2019 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 94 winery updates and 66 wineries releasing wine.
John Shafer, a Napa Valley winery legend, died March 2 at the age of 94. I met him a few times and admire his winery as a solid performer for Chardonnay, Merlot, Syrah and of course, Cabernet Sauvignon and thier iconic Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon. I recently went to their annual tasting and was impressed, as always, with their line-up.
And now, onto the wine releases...
March 2019 Wine Releases
- A Tribute to Grace Wine Company; 2017 Hofer Vineyard Grenache
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Heritage Vines Zinfandel (280 cases, $48), 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Sangiovese (241 cases, $35)
- Adler Deutsch Vineyard; 2016 Napa Valley St. Helena Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($145)
- Andrew Will Winery; 2014 Esploso Cabernet Sauvignon ($40)
- Arnot-Roberts; 2017 Old Vine White, 2017 Ribolla Gialla, 2017 Clary Ranch Syrah, 2017 Que Syrah Syrah, 2016 Clajeux Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Montecillo Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Fellom Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- Array Cellars; 2014 Washington State Chardonnay, 2014 Celilo Vineyard Chardonnay, 2014 Dijon Clone Chardonnay, 2014 Nina's Reserve Chardonnay
- Arrow&Branch; 2018 Sauvignon Blanc, 2015 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon
- Auclair Winery; 2016 Red Mountain Left Blend, 2016 Red Mountain Right Blend, 2017 Red Mountain 96 Cedars White Wine
- Barlow Vineyards; 2016 Estate Cabernet Franc (40 cases, $45)
- Buty Winery; 2016 Rockgarden Estate Rediviva of the Stones (257 cases, $60), 2017 Conner Lee Vineyard Merlot/Cabernet Franc (325 cases, $45), 2018 Rockgarden Estate Rosé of the Stones (112 cases, $25)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2016 Walla Walla Valley Lot 628 Cabernet Sauvignon (1,200 cases, $19)
- Cenyth Wines; 2018 Sonoma County Rosé of Cabernet Franc
- Chateau Montelena Winery; 2016 Calistoga Zinfandel ($39)
- Cobden Wini; 2017 Rose of Pinot Noir
- Convergence Zone Cellars; 2015 Fly Rod Cellars Prince Nymph Cabernet Franc/Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot (47 cases, $29), 2017 Sunbreak Chenin Blanc (61 cases, $15), 2018 Red Mountain Three Forks Rose' of Pinot Gris (50 cases, $20)
- Crosby Roamann; 2015 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Merlot (100 cases, $50), 2017 Napa Valley Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc (120 cases, $32), 2017 Napa Valley Kim Giles Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2017 Sonoma Los Carneros Gremlin Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Darms Lane Wine; 2015 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Bon Passe Cabernet Sauvignon (60 cases, $60)
- Donelan Family Wines; 2017 Kobler Family Vineyard Viognier (78 cases, $78), 2017 Sonoma County Genevieve's Block Chardonnay (198 cases, $70), 2015 Sonoma Coast Nancie Chardonnay (1,519 cases, $48), 2014 Two Brothers Pinot Noir (1,661 cases, $55), 2015 Russian River Valley Green Valley Kobler Family Vineyard Syrah (249 cases, $60)
- Dunstan; 2016 Durell Vineyard Ranch House Pinot Noir (330 cases, $60)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2016 Emerald Ridge Pinot Noir ($68), 2016 Devil's Gulch Pinot Noir ($72)
- Écluse Wines; 2016 Insider (85 cases), 2016 Merlot (100 cases), 2016 Petite Sirah (125 cases)
- Evening Land Vineyards; 2016 Seven Springs Pinot Noir ($35)
- Five Vintners; 2017 Napa Valley Admiral's Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (490 cases, $25), 2015 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel (340 cases, $30)
- Fox Run Vineyards; 2018 Finger Lakes Dry Rosé (831 cases, $18), 2017 Cabernet Franc (804 cases, $22)
- Gran Moraine; 2018 Yamhill-Carlton Rosé of Pinot Noir ($28), 2016 Yamhill-Carlton Cascade Pinot Noir ($70)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2018 Sonoma Coast Estate Gewürztraminer ($25)
- Hall Winery; 2016 Napa Valley North End Cabernet Sauvignon ($70)
- Harumph; 2018 Chardonnay
- Hawley Wines; 2018 Sonoma County Viognier ($30), 2017 Russian River Valley Oehlman Vineyard Pinot Noir ($52), 2018 Dry Creek Valley Old Vine Zinfandel ($38)
- Hope & Grace; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Smith Vineyard Hendricks Reserve Pinot Noir ($90)
- John Tyler Wines; 2017 Santa Maria Valley Dierberg Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Santa Rita Hills Zotovich Family Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Santa Rita Hills La Rinconada Vineyard Chardonnay, 2017 Santa Maria Valley Dierberg Vineyard 'Block 5' Pinot Noir, 2017 Santa Rita Hills La Encantada Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Jones Family Vineyards; 2015 The Sisters, 2015 Sauvignon Blanc
- Kanzler Vineyards; 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($60), 2017 Walker Station Estate Chardonnay ($56), 2018 Russian River Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($32)
- Keever Vineyards; 2015 Napa Valley Inspirado Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Malbec ($75)
- Kenzo Estate; 2015 Napa Valley ai Cabernet Sauvignon ($280), 2015 Napa Valley Murasaki ($280)
- La Voix Winery; 2015 Sta. Rita Hills Kessler-Haak Vineyad Satisfaction Pinot Noir ($55), 2015 Central Coast Quinta Del Mar Vineyard Rebel Rebel Pinot Noir ($36), 2015 Sta. Rita Hills Machado Vineyard Reflektor Pinot Noir ($65), 2017 Central Coast Quinta Del Mar Vineyard Rose of Pinot Noir ($30), 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Here and Heaven Chardonnay ($45), 2015 Ballard Canyon Rancho San Ysidro So What Syrah ($40)
- LaZarre Wines; 2017 Paso Robles Moshina White Marsanne/Roussanne/Gewurztraminer (103 cases, $28)
- Lobo Wines; 2018 Rose of Pinot Noir ($28)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2017 Mystos Pinot Noir, 2017 Mer Sauvage Pinot Noir
- Mahoney Vineyards; 2018 Fleur Pinot Rose ($19)
- Medlock Ames; 2018 Sonoma County Alexander Valley Bell Mountain Estate Rosé of Merlot ($27)
- Melville Vineyards and Winery; 2018 Clone 76 Inox Chardonnay, 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir, 2017 Estate Blanc de Blancs Chardonnay ($56)
- Morovino; 2016 Barbera, 2018 Chardonnay
- Myriad Cellars; 2017 Syrah ($46)
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Newfound Wines; 2017 Redwood Valley Colombini Vineyard Carignane, 2017 Napa Valley Scaggs Vineyard Mourvedre
- Nichelini Winery; NV Roman Press Red Reserve Lot 16 Zinfandel/Petite Sirah
- Ojai Vineyard; 2017 Santa Barbara County Sta. Rita Hills John Sebastiano Vineyard Sans Soufre Ajouté Grenache/Syrah ($32)
- Pahlmeyer; 2016 Napa Valley Merlot ($90), 2016 Proprietary Red ($200), 2017 Napa Valley Antica Vineyard Chardonnay ($80)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 Friends White, 2017 Friends Red, 2018 Dry Rosé of Zinfandel, 2013 Four Grapes Vintage Port
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2016 Petit Syrah
- Perliss Vineyards; 2017 The Serpents Sémillon
- Pott Wines; 2016 Estate Incubo Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Space & Time Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, 2017 Estate 20m3 Viognier
- Rasa Vineyards; 2017 The Composer Riesling, 2017 Dream Deferred Chardonnay, 2017 primus inter pares Grenache, 2017 QED Axiom of Choice Cabernet Franc, 2017 QED The Strong Law Cabernet/Merlot, 2016 For the Love of the Game Cabernet Sauvignon ($115), 2015 En Passant Magnum
- Red Car Wine; 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2015 Merlot (100 cases, $24), 2018 Sauvignon Blanc (100 cases, $18)
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2016 Mountain Selection Barbera
- Shafer Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley One Point Five Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Carneros Red Shoulder Ranch Chardonnay
- Slo Down Wines; 2018 Sonoma Coast Send Nudes Rosé Pinot Noir
- Stones; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Three Sticks Winery; 2017 Durell Vineyard Origin Chardonnay ($50), 2017 Sonoma Mountain One Sky Chardonnay ($55), 2017 Gap's Crown Vineyard Chardonnay ($55), 2017 Sonoma Coast Price Family Estates Pinot Noir ($65), 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($65)
- Trahan Winery; 2014 Proprietary Red Blend (42 cases, $60)
- Vaughn Duffy; 2018 Mendocino County Rosé of Carignane (420 cases, $20), 2018 Russian River Valley Hopkins River Ranch Sauvignon Blanc ($25), 2017 Fay's Reserve Pinot Noir (100 cases, $55)
- Villa Ragazzi; 2018 Oakville Rosato di Sangiovese (47 cases, $28), 2015 Faraona (42 cases, $54)
- Yount Ridge Cellars; 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, 2007 Library Proprietary Red Blend
April 2019 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards, Cabernet Franc (305 cases, $40), 2015 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Dolcetto (158 cases, $38)
- Alexana Winery; 2018 Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Anthem Winery; 2017 Carsi Ranch Vineyard Sauvignon Bland (180 cases, $55)
- Auclair Winery; 2018 Red Mountain 96 Cedars Rose
- Charles Hendricks Wines; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Smith Vineyard Pinot Noir ($90)
- Coniglio Wines; 2017 California Chardonnay
- Coquerel Wines; 2018 Verdelho, 2015 Terroir Sauvignon Blanc
- Dracaena Wines; 2018 Rose' of Syrah ($20)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Anderson Valley Dry Gewurztraminer (290 cases, $31), 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc (175 cases, $32)
- Hafner Vineyard; 2016 Alexander Valley Reserve Chardonnay, 2018 Alexander Valley Rose
- Knudsen Vineyards; 2017 Chardonnay
- KrisTodd Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Rose
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($64)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Vincenzo Old Vine Carignane
- Matthiasson; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (1,600 cases, $60), 2017 Napa Valley White Wine (725 cases, $40)
- Myriad Cellars; 2017 Beckstoffer Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Rutherford Dust Zinfandel
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- Revenant Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Griot Cellars Cuvee du Griot (79 cases, $30)
- Wonderment Wines; 2016 Bacigalupi Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (133 cases, $44), 2016 Pritchett Peaks Vineyard Zinfandel (217 cases, $55), 2016 Burton Ranch Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (311 cases, $35), 2016 Bacigalupi Vineyard Petite Sirah (184 cases, $48)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2018 Aspen Pinot Gris, 2018 Rose
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 94 winery information pages have been updated since February 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "When my glass is full, I empty it. When it is empty, I fill it. Oath of the Confrerie des Sacavins
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123