This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's March 15, 2018 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
This month we had 92 winery updates and 97 wineries releasing wine.
Generally speaking, winter is a slower time in the Napa Valley than the other seasons, but there is always something going on for those looking to get out of the house and experience the excellent food and wine in the area.
Last month, my wife, several friends and I took advantage of one of these activities and spent an excellent evening at the hands of Kitchen Collective, a member based social club and shared kitchen.
This was my third time at the venue and it didn’t disappoint.
First, although a bit of a dreary Wednesday night, the warm fires and couches greeted us in the bar area, starting the evening out right.
We ended up expanding our party of four to six, meeting some great new friends from Yountville, just north of Napa.
Dinner was served family style and showcased a Spanish theme.
We started with 'pulpo' (octopus) cooked to perfection, with potatoes, greens and several unique sauces, although the highlight of the night was the paella – while many of you know that I’m a bit of a well-practiced paella cook myself, I am typically not overly impressed with that of others.
This was an exception. The chef (who we later had the pleasure of meeting) used deep fried Brussel sprouts and caramelized tomatoes to deepen the flavors of her paella.
There was an abundance of meat (chorizo, chicken, etc), fish and seafood, that complemented the rich savory rice (while not traditional Valenciana to combine meat and fish, in this case – delicious).
We ended up bringing several bottles of our own wines and shared amongst the table.
After a long evening of superb food and wine and great company in a somewhat unique setting, we all agreed that the 30 minute midweek drive down valley (we’ve become very provincial over these past four years of living in Napa) was well worth it for a fantastic evening and will be back soon.
When your visits take you out to the Napa Valley, I would highly recommend you check out the events at Kitchen Collective as a great addition to your Napa experience.
And now, onto the wine releases...
March 2018 Wine Releases
- A Tribute to Grace Wine Company; 2017 Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard Rosé of Grenache, 2016 Santa Barbara County Grenache, 2016 Murmur Vineyard Grenache
- Abiouness; 2017 Amrita Malvasia Bianca, 2017 Rose of Pinot Noir
- Acorn Winery; 2015 Alegria Vineyards Axiom Syrah, 2013 Alegria Vineyards Acorn Hill, 2015 Alegria Vineyards Medley
- Adobe Road Winery; 2016 Carneros South Sonoma Block Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay ($49), 2016 Sonoma Coast Petaluma Gap Sangiacomo Vineyard Roberts Road Pinot Noir ($56), 2015 Napa Valley Rutherford Beckstoffer Vineyard Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec ($75)
- Airlie Winery; 2017 Rosé
- Alyris Vineyards; 2014 Audition Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Audition Chardonnay
- Ancient Peaks Winery; 2016 Zinfandel
- Arns Winery; 2016 Sonoma Coast Heitz Vineyard Chardonnay (50 cases, $65)
- Arrow&Branch; 2014 Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon
- Auclair Winery; 2015 Left Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot, 2015 Right Blend Merlot/Cabernet Franc
- August West; 2016 Graham Family Vineyard Pinot Noir ($48), 2016 Peterson Vineyard Pinot Noir ($48)
- Avennia Winery; 2015 Sestina Left Bank Bordeaux-Style Red Blend ($65), 2015 Valery Right Bank Bordeaux-Style Red Blend ($50)
- Barlow Vineyards; 2015 Merlot ($35), 2015 Barrouge Cabernet Sauvignon ($55)
- Behrens Family Winery; 2017 Sonoma Spring Mountain Kick Ranch La Danza Sauvignon Blanc ($36), 2015 Diamond Mountain Barbera ($60), 2014 Napa Valley Homeland Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2014 A Fine Balance ($75), 2014 The ChangeUp ($95), 2014 Labor of Love ($125)
- Boeschen Vineyards; 2015 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Katie Rose
- Boich Family Cellar; 2016 Sonoma County Russian River Valley Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay (108 cases, $100)
- Bokisch Vineyards; 2015 Graciano, 2016 Late Harvest Graciano
- Brand Napa Valley; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (296 cases, $250), 2015 Napa Valley Brio Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Petit Verdot (794 cases, $150), 2015 Napa Valley Proprietary Red Blend Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon (193 cases, $250), 2016 White Wine
- Bremer Family Winery; 2012 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($70), 2012 Cabernet Franc ($75)
- Brewer-Clifton; 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir ($40), 2016 Machado Chardonnay ($65), 2016 3D Pinot Noir ($55), 2016 3D Chardonnay ($50), 2016 Hapgood Pinot Noir ($65)
- Brion; 2014 Caldwell Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($185), 2014 Moon Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($165)
- Broc Cellars; 2017 Petillant Wine Chenin Blanc, 2017 Koukou Cabernet Franc, 2017 Mission Escencia, 2016 Counoise, 2017 Trousseau Noir, 2017 Gris Gris Grenache
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2007 D'Arideaux Rouge Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah/Cabernet Franc
- Calcareous Vineyard; 2015 Paso Robles Tres Violet Syrah/Grenache/Mourvedre (528 cases, $54)
- Cameron Winery; 2016 Willamette Pinot Noir (150 cases, $20)
- Caton Vineyards; 2016 Sonoma County Estate Winemaker's Cuveé Cabernet Sauvignon ($38)
- Chaix Wines; 2017 Rosé
- Chasseur Winery; 2016 Russian River Chardonnay ($40), 2016 Russian River Pinot Noir ($45), 2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($40), 2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($45)
- Chateau Montelena Winery; 2015 Calistoga Zinfandel ($39)
- Chehalem; 2017 Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Coquerel Wines; 2013 Petite Sirah ($39)
- Cordant Winery; 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands Escolle Vineyards Rosé of Pinot Noir (90 cases, $28)
- Cosa Obra; 2017 Sonoma Coast Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Sonoma Coast Rose of Pinot Noir
- Cresta Velia Wines; 2015 Howell Mountain Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (144 cases, $85), 2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (48 cases, $35)
- Dakota Shy Wine; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($95)
- DeSante Wines; 2017 L'Atelier, 2016 The Old Vines, 2016 Chardonnay
- Domaine De La Cote; 2014 Juliet Chardonnay (25 cases, $120), 2013 Siren's Call Pinot Noir (89 cases, $120)
- Donkey and Goat; 2016 El Dorado Barsotti Vineyard Eliza Clairette/Picpoul/Vermentino/Roussanne/Grenache Blanc (265 cases, $42), 2016 Anderson Valley Filigreen Farm Pinot Noir (207 cases, $30), 2016 Mendocino Gibson Ranch Isabel's Cuvee Grenache Rosé (320 cases, $27), 2014 El Dorado Fenaughty Syrah (118 cases, $42), 2016 Mendocino Ridge Perli Vineyard Chardonnay (177 cases, $40)
- Dragonette Cellars; 2017 Happy Canyon of Santa Barbara Rosé, 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay, 2014 Santa Ynez Valley MJM Syrah
- Elyse Winery ; 2013 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fairchild Estate; 2015 Napa Valley St. Helena Las Piedras Vineyard Stones No 1. Cabernet Sauvignon,
- Flat Rock Cellars; 2016 Nadja’s Vineyard Riesling ($25)
- Fox Run Vineyards; 2017 Dry Rosé ($18), 2016 Merlot ($25)
- Freemark Abbey Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Rutherford Bosché Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2014 Napa Valley Rutherford Bosché Vineyard Merlot ($60)
- Gilbert Cellars; 2017 Vin Du Vallée Grenache Blanc/Viognier
- Graeser Winery; 2013 Cabernet Franc ($50), 2013 Petit Verdot ($46)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2017 Sonoma Coast Gewürztraminer ($25), 2017 Sonoma Coast Rhinefarm Rosé ($25), 2017 Sonoma Valley Tempranillo Rosé ($28)
- Hall Winery; 2015 Napa Valley Diamond Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($185)
- Handwritten Wines; 2014 Napa Valley Stags Leap Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Kanzler Vineyards; 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2016 Walker Station Estate Chardonnay, 2017 Russian River Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Kelly Fleming Wines; 2015 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Kenzo Estate; 2017 Napa Valley Yui Rosé ($80)
- Kieu Hoang Winery; 2015 Napa Valley Carneros Chardonnay ($35)
- Klickitat Canyon & Columbia Gorge Winery; 2015 Columbia Gorge Celilo Vineyards Chardonnay (23 cases, $24)
- Knighton Family Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($135)
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Pinot Noir ($45)
- Long Meadow Ranch; 2017 Anderson Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2017 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc, 2014 Russian River Valley Syrah
- Lucia Vineyards & Winery; 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Cuvee Chardonnay ($45), 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Cuvee Pinot Noir ($45), 2016 Sobranes Vineyard Selection Chardonnay ($65), 2016 Sobranes Vineyard Selection Pinot Noir ($65), 2016 Sobranes Vineyard Selection Syrah ($65), 2017 Lucy Rose of Pinot Noir ($19)
- Macauley Vineyard; 2015 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($175), 2015 Napa Valley Stagecoach Cabernet Sauvignon ($175), 2015 Napa Valley Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Franc ($175)
- Mark Herold Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Uproar Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2016 California Flux Blanc Grenache Blanc (150 cases, $18), 2016 Knights Valley Herold Sauvignon Blanc ($32), 2016 Acha Blanca Albarino (150 cases, $18), 2016 California Flux Rose Grenache (150 cases, $18)
- Marston Family Vineyard; 2016 Napa Valley Yountville Estate Albion Sauvignon Blanc (352 cases), 2015 Petite Sirah (136 cases)
- Mending Wall; 2015 Napa Valley Mortar & Stone Zinfandel (475 cases, $50), 2016 Stone on Stone (245 cases, $35)
- Merryvale Vineyards; 2017 Carneros Starmont Rosé of Pinot Noir ($20)
- Mirror Wine Co; 2017 Napa Valley Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc (200 cases, $28), 2014 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (126 cases, $110)
- Monticello Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Pinot Noir (1,500 cases, $48)
- Muscardini Cellars; 2017 Rosato
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Oakville East Exposure; 2014 Exposure Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ojai Vineyard; 2017 California Rosé ($30)
- Optima Winery; 2014 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2016 Sonoma County Friends Red
- Pelican Ranch Winery; 2017 Pinot Rose
- Perliss Vineyards; 2016 Serpents Sèmillon (185 cases, $46)
- Piña Cellars; 2013 Napa Valley Rutherford Firehouse Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($85)
- Play Estate Winery; 2016 Viognier ($20)
- Provenance Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley Fortitude Cabernet Sauvignon (246 cases, $225)
- Red Car Wine; 2017 Rosé of Pinot Noir ($28), 2013 Vivio Syrah ($50)
- Robert Biale Vineyards; 2016 Founding Farmers Zinfandel, 2016 Limerick Lane Zinfandel, 2016 Old Kraft Vineyard Zinfandel, 2016 R.W. Moore Vineyard Zinfandel, 2016 Valsecchi Vineyard Zinfandel, 2016 Varozza Vineyard Zinfandel, 2016 Nonna’s Sangiovese, 2016 Royal Punishers Petite Sirah, 2017 Rosato
- Robert Keenan Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Spring Mountain Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (1,000 cases, $104)
- Sans Liege Wines; 2017 Groundwork Viognier ($16), 2016 Santa Barbara County Groundwork Syrah ($20), 2017 Central Coast Groundwork Grenache Rosé ($13)
- Scarecrow Wine; 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Scherrer Winery; 2016 Old & Mature Zinfandel, 2016 Shale Terrace Zinfandel
- Selene Wines; 2014 Hyde Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (592 cases, $18), 2014 Napa Valley Chesler Cabernet Franc (267 cases, $50)
- Senses; 2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2016 Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2016 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2016 Terra de Promissio Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Shafer Vineyards; 2015 Napa Valley Stag's Leap District One Point Five Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 Napa Valley Carneros Red Shoulder Ranch Chardonnay
- Sightglass Cellars; 2015 Stillwater Creek Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec Blend, 2017 Conner Lee Vineyard Unoaked Chardonnay
- Southbrook Vineyards; 2017 VQA Four Mile Creek Organic Biodynamic Bubbly Chardonnay ($30)
- Stellareese; 2016 Napa Valley Mt Veeder Paras Vineyard Lucid Poet Grenache (48 cases, $45)
- Sterling Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Malvasia Bianca ($32), 2015 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($65), 2016 Napa Valley Syrah Rosé ($35)
- Tempus Cellars; 2014 Sagemoor Vineyards Vintage Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc
- Wallis Estate; 2015 Napa Valley Diamond Mountain District Seraphim Cabernet Sauvignon ($175)
- Wind Gap; 2017 Trousseau Gris
- Windracer Wines; 2015 Anderson Valley Ordway Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Anderson Valley Maggy Hawk Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Russian River Valley Kellli Ann Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Russian River Valley Piner Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Winter's Hill Vineyard; 2017 Rosé of Pinot Noir (185 cases)
- Wrath Wines; 2017 EX Unoaked Chardonnay (884 cases, $19)
- Young Inglewood; 2014 Estate Vineyard Right Bank Blend Merlot/Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec (166 cases, $9), 2015 Estate Vineyard Malbec (50 cases, $95)
April 2018 Wine Releases
- Adler Deutsch Vineyard; 2015 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($135)
- Angel Vine; 2013 Stonetree Vineyard Zinfandel, 2014 Les Collines Vineyard Zinfandel
- Azur Wines; 2017 Rose, 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, 2015 Classic Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Reserve
- Barnett Vineyards; 2017 Rose of Pinot Noir (90 cases, $28), 2017 Sauvignon Blanc (428 cases, $28)
- Dashe Cellars ; 2017 Concrete Fermented Chenin Blanc, 2017 Les Enfants Terribles Grenache, 2017 Heart Arrow Ranch Les Enfants Terribles Zinfandel
- DeSante Wines; 2016 Proof Petite Sirah, 2016 Proof White
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2015 Cherry Ridge Vineyard Syrah, 2016 Deviate Pinot Noir, 2016 Angel Camp Pinot Noir, 2016 Azaya Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Gargiulo Vineyards; 2017 Pinot Grigio, 2017 Rosato di Sangiovese
- Hafner Vineyard; 2015 Alexander Valley Reserve Chardonnay, 2017 Alexander Valley Rosé
- Hudson Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Carneros Estate Grown Pick Up Sticks Grenache, 2017 Napa Valley Carneros Grenache Estate Grown Rose, 2017 Napa Valley Carneros Estate Grown White Study
- J.K Carriere; 2017 Willamette Valley White Glass Pinot Noir, 2016 Willamette Valley Provocateur Pinot Noir, 2015 Willamette Valley Lucidite' Chadonnay
- John Anthony Vineyards; 2017 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Church Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2014 Oak Knoll District Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014 Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon
- KrisTodd Vineyards; 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Howell Mountain Rose
- Lagier Meredith Vineyard; 2016 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Tribidrag aka Zinfandel, 2017 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Rosé, 2016 Malbec
- Lewis Cellars; 2017 Napa Valley Vin Gris Syrah ($24)
- Lobo Wines; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($64)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2016 Rochioli Vineyard Chardonnay, 2016 Mystos Pinot Noir
- Muscardini Cellars; 2015 Barbera, 2015 Tesoro, 2015 Sangiovese
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2017 Napa valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Pavi Wines; 2017 Pinot Grigio
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 016 Sonoma Classico, 2017 Dry Creek Valley Signature Selection Chardonnay, 2016 Dry Creek Valley Family Vineyards Petite Sirah
- Piña Cellars; 2011 Napa Valley Mimbre Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
- Provenance Vineyards; 2017 Wildwood Sauvignon Blanc, 2017 Estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Somnium Wine; 2017 Napa Valley Rose
- The Grade Cellars; 2015 Calistoga Winfield Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Calistoga Winfield Vineyard Serpent's Back Cabernet Sauvignon
- Winter's Hill Vineyard; 2015 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir, 2015 Reserve Pinot Noir
- Wonderment Wines; 2015 Dr. Stan's Vineyard Pinot Noir (26 cases, $65), 2015 Bacigalupi Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (83 cases, $44)
- Wrath Wines; 2017 EX Sauvignon Blanc (1,000 cases, $19)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2017 Aspen Pinot Gris, 2016 Aspen Chardonnay
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 92 winery information pages have been updated since February 15, 2018:
Wine Quote of the Month: "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2017 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123