This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's July 15, 2017 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.
Back from a few days in San Sebastian, Spain and two weeks in Italy. We had a great time eating and drinking our way through Florence, Lucca and Tuscany in general.
I received a lunch invite from Seek Winery and visited with friends in May at their Howell Mountain vineyard just a few miles from our house in St. Helena.
Gerard and Barbara Sieck, Chicago natives, purchased their propery in 2002 and Garard took us on a tour of their two-acre vineyard and then we sat down to a delicious lunch prepared Barbara. We tasted their Cabernet Franc, Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon. All were well balanced and showed the Howell Mountain terroir. They don’t host many tastings so we were very appreciative they shared their wines and home with us.
A few weeks ago we had friends up and one wanted to taste at Louis Martini, so we stopped by. I was very surprised at the premium wines they poured as I only knew Louis Martini wines from the supermarket shelves. They have some impressive reds and a few 100 point winners. Definitely worth a visit.
And now, onto the wine releases...
July 2017 Wine Releases
- Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards; 2016 Conn Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Benovia; 2012 Blanc de Blancs
- Bremer Family Winery; 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Corison Winery; 2015 Anderson Valley Corazón Gewürztraminer (150 cases, $35)
- Cosentino Winery; 2016 Lodi Rosé Pinot Noir/Syrah/Zinfandel (3,000 cases, $16)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2014 Redwood Ridge Pinot Noir (278 cases, $62)
- Etude Wines; 2016 Carneros Grace Benoist Ranch Pinot Gris ($28)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2015 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (212 cases, $52), 2015 Chalone Brosseau Vineyard Pinot Noir (103 cases, $60)
- Hall Winery; 2014 Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon ($175)
- Lewis Cellars; 2015 Napa Valley Syrah, 2015 Napa Valley Alec’s Blend, 2015 Napa Valley Ethan’s Syrah, 2015 Napa Valley Mason’s Cabernet Sauvignon
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2014 Claret
- Saxum; 2015 James Berry Vineyard Syrah ($98), 2015 G2 Vineyard Syrah ($98)
- Spottswoode Estate Winery; 2016 Sauvignon Blanc
- Spring Valley Vineyard; 2016 Walla Walla Valley Viognier ($32)
- St. Julian Wine Company; 2016 Braganini Reserve Pinot Gris ($15), 2016 Unoaked Chardonnay ($16)
- Stags' Leap Winery; 2014 Napa Valley Malbec ($60), 2014 Napa Valley Winemaker's Muse Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Sirah ($50), 2016 Napa Valley Viognier ($32)
- Taylor Family Vineyards; 2014 Napa Valley V VI VII Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Petite Sirah (180 cases, $105)
- The Calling Wines; 2015 Russian River Valley Sullivan Vineyard Chardonnay ($51), 2015 Russian River Valley Sunny View Vineyard Pinot Noir ($37)
- Toucan Wines; 2013 Reserve Cuvee
- Westport Winery; 2106 Boom Runner Sparkling Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Whitehall Lane Winery;
August 2017 Wine Releases
- Amavi Cellars; 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (8,432 cases, $33)
- Arista Winery; 2015 Toboni Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Two Birds Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Harper's Rest Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 El Diablo Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay, 2016 Vonarburg Vineyard Riesling
- Bremer Family Winery; 2011 Howell Mountain Cabernet, 2011 Napa Valley Zinfandel
- Ceritas Wines; 2015 Porter-Bass Vineyard Chardonnay, 2015 Hellenthal Old Shop Block Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Trout Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Marena Chardonnay
- Lewis Cellars; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Napa Valley Hillstone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Napa Valley Merlot, 2016 Napa Valley Chardonnay, 2016 Sonoma Chardonnay
- Macauley Vineyard; 2014 Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ramey Wine Cellars; 2014 Sonoma Coast Platt Vineyard Chardonnay ($65), 2014 Russian River Valley Ritchie Vineyard Chardonnay ($65)
- Relic; 2015 Kashaya Pinot Noir, 2015 Ritual Red Wine, 2015 Scarpa Syrah, 2015 Old Vines Petite Sirah, 2014 The Artefact Cabernet Sauvignon
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 75 winery information pages have been updated since May 15, 2017:
Wine Quote of the Month: "What is the definition of a good wine? It should start and end with a smile. William Sokolin
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2016 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123