This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's August 15, 2013 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 1,962 winery listings strong.
We are doing a little remodel of our kitchen in the house in San Francisco, (‘little’ being the operative word) and have had two occasions over the past week to cook for friends on our new Bertazzoni range.
Last night, we went to our favorite fish market (Seafood Center on Clement, for those in the City), and got a nice piece of salmon and live spot prawns. We served the spot prawns sashimi style (raw, with a little lemon juice) and then tempura battered and deep fried the heads. We grilled the salmon, under a layer of lemon and lime zest, accompanied by mixed baby greens tossed in a home-made caramel mustard vinaigrette and roasted brussel sprouts.
All of the food turned out well, but really came to life when paired with 2010 Wrath Monterey Ex Vite Pinot Noir and 2010 Alysian Russian River Valley Floodgate Vineyard Pinot Noir. The 2010 Wrath, with its smoky notes, really brought out the grilled flavors of the salmon and the 2010 Alysian was great with our cheese plate and the baby greens.
Over the weekend, friends brought some of the most delicious filets we’ve had in a long time, and we served those with fully loaded baked potatoes.
The 2009 School House Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Pinot Noir was a perfect pairing to go along with the steaks and really appreciated by our friends (from K&L Wines and the Henry Wine Group).
Late last month, we attended a Littorai tasting at my club, Wingtip. Ted Lemon was there, pouring mainly Chards and Pinot Noirs from West Sonoma County.
There was a good turnout and we enjoyed both the wines and meeting others from the club.
Afterwards, we tried to get into Michael Chiarello’s new Spanish restaurant in the City, Coqueta, but it was fully booked, so we enjoyed some pretty interesting cocktails in the bar area (went there for lunch a few days later and it was really good) and then went to one of our favorites, Bocadillos.
I would highly recommend this delicious tapas place, right next to the Bubble Lounge, in the Washington Square area.
And now, onto the wines...
August 2013 Wine Releases
- Arista Winery; 2011 Mendocino Ridge Perli Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Anderson Valley Ferrington Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Russian River Valley Two Birds Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Russian River Valley Harper’s Rest Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Arns Winery; 2009 Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon ($85)
- Balboa Winery; 2010 Walla Walla Valley Pepperbridge Vineyard Pandemonium (50 cases, $55), 2010 Mith
- Bedrock Wine Co.; 2012 Compagni Portis ($25), 2012 Sonoma Valley Old Vine Zinfandel ($20), 2012 Evangelho Heritage Wine ($30), 2012 Kirschenmann Zinfandel ($28), 2012 Sodini Vineyard Zinfandel ($32), 2012 Bedrock Heritage Wine ($36)
- Betz Family Winery; 2011 Besoleil Southern Rhone Blend (550 cases), 2011 La Serenne Syrah (490 cases), 2011 La Cote Rousse Syrah (505 cases), 2011 La Cote Patriarche Syrah (320 cases)
- Bogle Winery; 2010 Phantom
- Cakebread Cellars; 2011 Napa Valley Reserve Chardonnay
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2008 Napa Valley Lot 342 Cabernet Sauvignon ($22), 2010 California Meritage (6,000 cases, $15), 2010 California Chardonnay (3,000 cases, $15)
- Col Solare; 2009 Columbia Valley Red Blend
- Creekview Vineyards; 2010 Estate Grown Melodious Bordeaux Blend
- Domaine Carneros; 2006 Late Disgorged Brut Cuvée ($48)
- Grayson Cellars; 2012 Zinfandel, 2012 Chardonnay
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2011 Sonoma Coast Estate Pinot Noir (2,200 cases, $34)
- J Vineyards & Winery; 2011 Russian River Valley Estate Grown Chardonnay (2,500 cases, $28)
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines; 2012 Central Coast Gesture RVG Roussanne/Viognier/Grenache Blanc (250 cases, $30)
- K Vintners; 2010 The Hidden Syrah ($70)
- Kamen Estate Wines; 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Kinkead Ridge Vineyard and Winery; 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $20.99), 2011 Cabernet Franc (304 cases, $19.99), 2011 Syrah (44 cases, $19.99), 2011 Petit Verdot (82 cases, $21.99)
- Littorai Wines; 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($46), 2012 Les Larmes Anderson Valley Pinot Noir ($46), 2011 Cerise Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir ($70), 2011 Hirsch Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($70), 2011 Mays Canyon Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($70), 2011 Platt Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65), 2011 The Pivot Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($70), 2011 Roman Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir ($70), 2011 Savoy Vineyard Anderson Valley Pinot Noir ($65)
- Longboard Vineyards; 2010 Alexander Valley Mavericks Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2012 Wahine Rose (107 cases, $26)
- Martin Estate; 2010 Estate Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon ($36), 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2010 Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($135)
- Martinelli Winery; 2010 Chardonnay Charles Ranch (126 cases, $48), 2010 Lolita Ranch Chardonnay (115 cases, $60), 2011 Lolita Ranch Pinot Noir (272 cases, $60), 2011 Moonshine Ranch Pinot Noir (485 cases, $60), 2007 Zio Tony Ranch Syrah (679 cases, $75), 2011 Vellutini Ranch Zinfandel (351 cases, $52), 2011 Vigneto di EVO Zinfandel ($32)
- Mellowood Vineyard; 2010 Zinfandel ($26), 2010 Syrah ($28), 2010 Red Hat ($28)
- Memaloose Wines; 2011 Chardonnay ($22), 2012 Sangiovese Rose ($18), 2011 Idiot's Grace Sauvignon Blanc ($25)
- Mirror Wine Co; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (748 cases, $75), 2010 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (88 cases, $95)
- Monticello Vineyards; 2010 Corley Reserve Cabernet Sauvigon, 2010 Tietjen Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 State Lane Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Yewell Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Novy Cellars; 2012 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc (150 cases, $19.50)
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2011 Sonoma County Dry Creek Valley Mother Clone Zinfandel ($18)
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2011 Riesling (250 cases, $25)
- PlumpJack Winery; 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($225)
- Quilceda Creek; 2010 Red Mountain Galitzine Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($115), 2010 Palengat Proprietary Red Wine ($95), 2010 Columbia Valley Red Wine ($36)
- Red Car Wine; 2011 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($35), 2011 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($45), 2010 Sonoma Coast Syrah ($35)
- Retzlaff Vineyards; 2006 Livermore Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Blend ($39)
- Reynolds Family Winery; 2009 Stags Leap Merlot, 2009 Persistence
- Ridge Vineyards; 2010 Monte Bello
- Rochioli Vineyards & Winery ; 2011 Sweetwater Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Little Hill Pinot Noir, 2011 River Block Pinot Noir, 2011 Three Corner Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 West Block Pinot Noir
- Rombauer Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Zinfandel ($34)
- Rossi Wallace; 2012 Napa Valley Pinot Noir
- Saxum; 2011 James Berry Vineyard Grenache/Mourvedre/Syrah/Counoise/Roussanne (1,200 cases, $89), 2011 Paderewski Vineyard Zinfandel/Mourvèdre/Tempranillo/Syrah/Petite Sirah (480 cases, $89), 2011 Heart Stone Vineyard Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre (250 cases, $89) 2011 Terry Hoage Vineyard Grenache/Syrah (120 cases, $89)
- Siduri Wines; 2012 Sonoma County Pinot Noir (3,325 cases, $22), 2011 Chehalem Mountains Pinot Noir (613 cases, $29), 2011 Soberanes Vineyard Pinot Noir (235 cases, $48)
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2009 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($70)
- Stony Hill Vineyard; 2011 Chardonnay, 2012 Gewurztraminer, 2012 White Riesling, 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Thomas Coyne Winery; 2012 California Viognier ($18), 2009 Chateau Bellevue Estate Reserve Syrah ($28), 2007 Livermore Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($20), 2010 California Confluence ($20), 2010 Lodi Graciano ($18)
- Whitestone Vineyard and Winery; 2009 Columbia Valley Estate St. Vincent Blend Meritage Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc
- Wiens Cellars; 2011 California Reserve Primitivo ($49)
- Zepaltas Wines; 2012 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 2012 Russian River Valley W.E. Bottoms Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2012 Russian River Valley Nunes Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Lake County Trainwreck Sauvignon Blanc
- Zotovich Cellars; 2012 Rosé of Pinot Noir ($22), 2010 Chardonnay ($34), 2010 Pinot Noir ($42), 2010 Syrah ($48)
September 2013 Wine Releases
- Amelia Wynn; 2011 Columbia Valley Cuvee, 2011 Red Mountain Sangiovese, 2011 Red Mountain/Yakima Valley Syrah
- Barnett Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Rattlesnake Hill Cabernet Sauvignon ($140)
- Bevan Cellars; 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir ($64), 2012 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($64)
- Big Basin Vineyards; 2011 Paderewski Vineyard GSM (168 cases, $55), 2011 Homestead Pinot Noir (420 cases, $36), 2011 Alfaro Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (23 cases), 2011 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir (195 cases, $36)
- Cakebread Cellars; 2010 Howell Mountain Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012 Napa Valley Chardonnay, 2010 Benchland Select Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- Culler Wines; 2011 Sonoma Sawi Vineyard Syrah, 2011 Napa Valley Cortese Vineyard Syrah
- Diamond Creek Vineyards; 2011 Volcanic Hill Cabernet Sauvignon ($200), 2011 Red Rock Terrace Cabernet Sauvignon ($200), 2011 Gravelly Meadow Cabernet Sauvignon ($200)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2010 Sonoma Valley Vintage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Petit Verdot (792 cases, $80), 2011 Sonoma County Mountain Cuvee Red Blend (9,000 cases, $24)
- Haber Family Vineyards; 2010 Diamond Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hafner Vineyard; 2011 Alexander Valley Chardonnay
- Hoopes Vineyard; 2010 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon
- J Vineyards & Winery; 2011 Russian River Valley Pinot Meunier (750 cases, $50)
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines; 2011 Arroyo Seco Late Harvest White Riesling, 2012 Arroyo Seco October Night Chardonnay
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2010 Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2010 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Seventy Four-Forty One Cabernet Sauvignon ($65), 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($55)
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2012 Barbera (400 cases, $28)
- Jones Family Vineyards; 2010 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Juslyn Vineyards; 2010 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Spring Mountain District Perry's Blend
- Keever Vineyards; 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Kelly Fleming Wines; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Kerloo Cellars; 2011 Tempranillo ($36), 2011 Upland Vineyard Grenache ($46), 2011 Les Collines Conrete/Lucy Syrah
- Lewis Cellars; 2011 Hillstone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Napa Valley Merlot, 2012 Sonoma Chardonnay, 2012 Napa Valley Chardonnay
- Liparita Cellars; 2010 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Yountville Cabernet Sauvignon
- Marilyn Wines; 2011 Marilyn Merlot
- Marston Family Vineyard; 2010 Spring Mountain District Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (500 cases, $115)
- Martin Estate; 2010 Bacchanal Napa Valley ($48), 2010 Estate Gold Natural Botrytis Dessert Wine ($65)
- Meander Cellars; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (75 cases, $75), 2010 Morisoli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (25 cases, $125)
- Melka Wines; 2011 Napa Valley CJ Cabernet Sauvignon
- Meteor Vineyard; 2009 Napa Valley Perseid Cabernet Sauvignon
- Montagna Vineyards; 2010 Napa Valley La Presa One South, 2010 Napa Valley The Triangle Syrah, 2010 Napa Valley Tre Vigneti
- Obsidian Ridge; 2011 Obsidian Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Obsidian Ridge Syrah, 2010 Obsidian Ridge Half Mile Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot
- Paul Hobbs Winery; 2011 Russian River Valley Edward James Estate Chardonnay ($75), 2011 Russian River Valley Ulises Valdez Vineyard Chardonnay ($70), 2011 Russian River Valley Ross Station Estate Chardonnay ($75), 2011 Russian River Valley Katherine Lindsay Estate Pinot Noir ($85), 2011 Russian River Valley Katherine Lindsay Estate Cuvée Agustina Pinot Noir ($125), 2011 Sonoma County Kick Ranch Syrah ($50), 2010 Napa Valley Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($150), 2010 Napa Valley St. Helena Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($175), 2010 Napa Valley Oakville Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($350)
- Pedras (formerly Ristow Estate Vineyards); 2010 Ristow Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2011 Zena Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (275 cases, $60), 2011 Hyland Vineyard Pinot Noir (175 cases, $60)
- Peter Michael Winery; 2010 L’Esprit des Pavots Estate Vineyard Red Bordeaux Blend, 2012 L’Après-Midi Estate Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Mon Plaisir Estate Vineyard Chardonnay, 2011 Ma Belle-Fille Estate Vineyard Chardonnay, 2011 Le Moulin Rouge Pinot Noir, 2011 Le Caprice Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Ma Danseuse Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Clos du Ciel Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Point Rouge Estate Vineyard Chardonnay
- Rhys Vineyards; 2010 Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Alpine Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Swan Terrace Pinot Noir, 2010 Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay, 2010 Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah
- Ridge Vineyards; 2011 Lytton Springs
- Robert Foley Vineyards; 2011 Charbono, 2011 Pinot Noir, 2011 Semillon, 2010 Claret, 2010 Pinot Blanc
- Rocky Hill Winery; 2012 Buddy's Blend (220 cases), 2010 Proprietary Red Blend
- Sequana Vineyards; 2011 Dutton Ranch Green Valley Pinot Noir, 2011 Russian River Cuvée
- Shafer Vineyards; 2011 Merlot, 2010 Relentless Syrah, 2009 Hillside Select Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sojourn Cellars; 2011 Sonoma Coast Campbell Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Sonoma Coast Silver Eagle Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Russian River Valley Wohler Vineyard Pinot Noir (525 cases, $48), 2011 Sonoma Coast Ridgetop Vineyard Pinot Noir (225 cases, $48), 2011 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (425 cases, $48), 2010 Napa Valley Proprietary Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon (150 cases, $95), 2010 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $59)
- Swanson Vineyards; 2010 Oakville Merlot (8,021 cases, $38)
- Talley Vineyards; 2011 Rincon Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Rosemary's Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Stone Corral Pinot Noir
- Taylor Family Vineyards; 2011 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon ($85)
- Tudor Wines; 2009 Santa Lucia Highlands Tondre' Vineyards Pinot Noir
- Van Duzer Vineyards; 2011 Estate Pinot Noir, 2011 Alchemy Pinot Noir, 2011 Dijon Blend Pinot Noir, 2011 Homestead Block Pinot Noir, 2011 Flagpole Block Pinot Noir
- VIADER Vineyards & Winery; 2012 DARE by Viader Cabernet Franc, 2011 DARE by Viader Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vineyard 7 & 8; 2011 Estate Chardonnay
- VJB Vineyards and Cellars; 2011 Estate Sangiovese ($35), 2011 Primitivo ($32), 2011 Estate Aglianico ($50)
- Wild Horse Winery; 2011 Santa Barbara Unbridled Pinot Noir ($35), 2012 Paso Robles Viognier ($17), 2012 San Bernabe Malvasia Bianca ($20), 2012 Central Coast Floyd Rose ($18)
- Williams Selyem Winery; 2011 Eastside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir ($52), 2011 Foss Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2011 Calegari Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2011 Vista Verde Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2011 Weir Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2011 Bucher Vineyard Pinot Noir ($59), 2011 Peay Vineyard Pinot Noir ($59), 2011 Ferrington Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65), 2011 Coastlands Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2011 Hirsch Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2011 Burt Williams' Morning Dew Ranch Pinot Noir ($75), 2011 Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard Pinot Noir ($79), 2011 Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir ($82), 2011 Precious Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir ($95), 2011 Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir ($100)
- Wind Gap; 2010 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 2012 Sonoma Coast Nellessen Vineyard Syrah
- Wing Canyon Vineyard; 2009 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Lolita Merlot ($30)
- Wrath Wines; 2011 San Saba Vineyard Chardonnay, 2011 Destruction Level Grenache, 2011 Ex Vite Pinot Noir, 2011 115/667 Pinot Noir, 2011 Swan/828 Pinot Noir, 2011 Pommard 4/777 Pinot Noir, 2011 San Saba Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Boekenoogen Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 McIntyre Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Tondre Grapefield Pinot Noir
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 89 winery information pages have been updated since July 15, 2013:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Good wine praises itself. Dutch Proverb
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
C. G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Howell Mountain Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2012 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123