This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's August 15, 2012 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 1,881 winery listings strong.
Our last issue came out on the heels of a great week spent wine tasting in the Central Coast. While we haven't done any wine tours since then, we've had plenty of opportunity to share some special bottles with friends and family.
In true San Francisco fashion, unlike the rest of the country where August finds you in shorts and tank tops, this week has brought us cooler temperatures (in the low 60's) and foggy mornings and evenings. A few nights ago, we were welcomed at our neighbors’ house, with a steaming crock pot of homemade chili perfect for a San Francisco 'summer' night - On behalf of our sponsor, Selene, I brought a bottle of their 2004 Napa Valley Chesler Red Wine, which was a nice complement to that savory dish (and much appreciated by the neighbors).
On the flip side, there are easy afternoon, day, and weekend trips in all directions from the City, which allow us to get our summer fix. Two weeks ago, we joined my family (think mom, siblings, in-laws, nieces, etc) for a great weekend up in Lake Tahoe at my brother's cabin. We arrived on a Friday afternoon to be greeting by the family, all sitting out on the driveway in the sun, taking in the mountain air. My brother-in-law, Doug, brought out his famous marinated Alaska salmon for a snack - which paired perfectly with Wrath's 2009 Fermata Chardonnay.
Don't tell my mom (and her homemade spaghetti and meatballs), but in my opinion, the hit meal of the weekend was the steamed sea bass (wrapped in banana leaves with fresh ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil) that my wife and I made for dinner on Friday night.
I know that many of you are preparing your families for back to school, but because our summer weather doesn't really "heat up" until September, I'm going to wish you all a great 'midsummer'.
And now, onto the wine.
August 2012 Wine Releases
- Altamura Vineyards & Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Amity Vineyards; 2009 Organic Pinot Noir, 2011 Eola-Amity Hills Sauvignon Blanc ($20)
- Arista Winery; 2010 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, 2010 Russian River Valley Two Birds Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Russian River Valley Mononi Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Anderson Valley Ferrington Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Russian River Valley Inaugural Release Harper’s Rest Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Bedrock Wine Co.; 2011 Sonoma Valley Compagni Portis Heritage White ($25, 2011 Sonoma Valley Old-Vine Zinfandel ($22), 2011 Russian River Valley Papera Ranch Zinfandel ($37), 2011 Russian River Valley Saitone Ranch Zinfandel ($37), 2011 Sonoma Valley Bedrock Heritage Wine ($36), 2011 Contra Costa County Evangelho Heritage Wine ($30), 2011 Russian River Valley Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine ($37), 2010 Sonoma Coast Griffin's Lair Syrah ($36)
- Big Basin Vineyards; 2009 Coastview Vineyard Syrah, 2010 Coastview Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Coastview Vineyard Chardonnay
- Bishop’s Peak; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Pinot Noir
- Broadley Vineyards; 2011 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2010 Santa Maria Valley Lot 341 Syrah (500 cases, $15)
- Clark-Claudon Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (500 cases, $80)
- Creekview Vineyards; 2011 Arroyo Seco Sauvignon Blanc
- Daedalus Cellars; 2009 Estate Pinot Noir, 2011 Griffin Creek Vineyard Chardonnay (15 cases, $25)
- Donkey and Goat (previously A Donkey and Goat); 2011 El Dorado Stone Crusher Roussanne (192 cases, $30), 2011 Anderson Valley Untended Chardonnay (48 cases, $32), 2011 Anderson Valley Helluva Pinot Noir (288 cases, $28), 2011 El Dorado Sluice Box White Blend Marsanne/Grenache Blanc/Vermentino/Picpoul (136 cases, $27), 2011 Mendocino Carignane (110 cases, $25), 2010 Anderson Valley The Recluse Syrah (264 cases, $40)
- Flying Goat Cellars; 2010 Santa Maria Valley Solomon Hills Goat Bubbles Pinot Noir Rose Sparkling Wine (240 cases, $34), 2010 Santa Barbara County YNOT Pinot Noir (421 cases, $25)
- Grayson Cellars; 2011 Merlot, 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hall Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon
- Juslyn Vineyards; 2011 Spring Mountain Bella Rose (150 cases, $28)
- Kapcsándy Family Winery; 2011 Rosé ($24)
- Ken Brown Wines; 2010 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir (298 cases, $40)
- Kesner Wines; 2010 Sonoma Coast Sandrift Chardonnay (229 cases, $55), 2010 North Coast Old Vines Grenache (55 cases, $55), 2010 North Coast Blustone Red Wine (190 cases, $45)
- Kutch; 2010 Sonoma Coast McDougall Ranch Pinot Noir (450 cases, $55), 2010 Sonoma Coast Falstaff Pinot Noir (75 cases, $55)
- Ladera Vineyards; 2008 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- Lawer Family Wines; 2009 Sonoma County Knight's Valley Three Coins Petite Sirah (145 cases, $28), 2010 Sonoma County Knight's Valley Three Coins Viognier (389 cases, $18)
- Lewis Cellars; 2010 Alec's Blend, 2010 Napa Valley Syrah, 2011 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Long Shadows; 2009 Columbia Valley Pedestal Merlot ($55)
- Madroña Vineyards; 2011 New World Port
- Mark David Winery; 2011 Sauvignon Blanc (97 cases, $35), 2009 Cabernet Franc (194 cases, $56)
- Meander Cellars; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (297 cases, $75), 2009 Morisoli Cabernet Sauvignon (24 cases, $125), 2011 Conspire Sauvignon Blanc (265 cases, $28)
- Memaloose Wines; 2010 Idiot's Grace Whimsy Cabernet Franc/Sangiovese Red Blend ($19)
- Metaphora Wines; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases)
- Mueller Winery; 2010 Russian River Valley August Recher Pinot Noir (170 cases, $48), 2010 Russian River Valley Cuvee X Pinot Noir (145 cases, $44), 2010 Russian River Valley Eastsode Pinot Noir (119 cases, $44), 2010 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (450 cases, $32), 2010 Russian River Valley Tempi Pinot Noir (145 cases, $44)
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ram's Gate Vineyards; 2010 Carneros Chardonnay (775 cases, $36), 2011 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc (330 cases, $28)
- Raymond; 2008 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2008 St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2008 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- Roche Winery; 2011 Carneros Chardonnay ($26)
- Rolling Bay Winery; 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2008 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($70)
- Smasne Cellars; 2010 Upland Vineyard Single Row Zinfandel ($34), 2010 Farm Boy Bunk House Red ($17)
- Spring Valley Vineyard; 2010 Katherine Corkrum Cabernet Franc ($50)
- Stellareese; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (285 cases, $35)
- Tassel Ridge; 2009 Frontenac Rosé
- Terra Valentine; 2009 Amoré Sangiovese Blend ($35)
- TEXTBOOK; 2011 Napa Valley Fin de Journee Chardonnay
- Thomas Coyne Winery; 2011 California La Petite Quest Rose Grenache/Syrah/Mouvèdre ($12.75), 2005 Livermore Valley Detjens Farms Syrah ($14), 2007 Lodi Grenach ($18), 2010 La Balle d’Argent ($20)
- Truchard Vineyards; 2011 Estate Roussanne
- Two Shepherds; 2011 Santa Ynez Valley Saarloos Vineyards Grenache Blanc (100 cases, $24), 2011 Russian River Valley Saralee's Vineyard Viognier (25 cases, $24), 2011 Russian River Valley Saralee's Vineyard Pastoral Blanc White Rhone Blend (70 cases, $24)
- Williams Selyem Winery; 2010 Eastside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir ($52), 2010 Vista Verde Vineyard Pinot Noir ($56), 2010 Bucher Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2010 Weir Vineyard Pinot Noir ($58), 2010 Flax Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60), 2010 Ferrington Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65), 2010 Coastlands Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Hirsch Vineyard Pinot Noir ($75), 2010 Burt Williams' Morning Dew Ranch Pinot Noir ($75), 2010 Olivet Lane Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Rochioli Riverblock Vineyard Pinot Noir ($78), 2010 Allen Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Precious Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir ($94), 2010 Williams Selyem Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir ($100), 2010 Allen Vineyard Chardonnay, 2010 Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, 2010 Drake Estate Vineyard Chardonnay ($65), 2010 Bacigalupi Vineyard Zinfandel, 2006 Mistral Vineyard Port ($40)
- Wing Canyon Vineyard; 2009 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (216 cases)
- Woodhouse Wine Estates; 2007 Rattlesnake Hills Kennedy Shah Reserve La Vie en Rouge Bordeaux Blend
September 2012 Wine Releases
- Adelsheim Vineyard; 2010 Dundee Hills Winderlea Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Amuse Bouche; 2010 Merlot/Cabernet Franc (575 cases, $225)
- Anomaly Vineyards; 2009 Designation Cabernet Sauvignon (50 cases, $175)
- Barnett Vineyards; 2011 Rattlesnake Hill Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $140)
- Bishop’s Peak; 2011 Chardonnay
- Black Sears Estate; 2010 Black Sears Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Boeschen Vineyards; 2009 Carrera Estate Blend ($70)
- Brand Napa Valley; 2009 Napa Valley Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
- Diamond Creek Vineyards; 2010 Volcanic Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Red Rock Terrace Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Gravelly Meadow Cabernet Sauvignon
- Eleven Winery; 2011 Angelica, 2011 La Primavera Rosé
- Haber Family Vineyards; 2009 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon
- John Tyler Wines; 2011 Russian River Valley Bacigalupi Vineyard Chardonnay ($60)
- Lawer Family Wines; 2011 Sonoma Russian River Valley Duck Shack Chardonnay (210 cases, $22), 2010 Napa Valley Hooker Cabernet Sauvignon (202 cases, $32), 2011 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Hooker Chardonnay (319 cases, $24), 2010 Sonoma County Knight's Valley Syrah (101 cases, $28), 2010 California Hooker Zinfandel (1040 cases, $24), 2009 Napa Valley Three Coins Cabernet Sauvignon (89 cases, $42), 2011 Sonoma Russian River Valley Three Coins Chardonnay (528 cases, $26), 2011 Sonoma County Knight's Valley Three Coins Viognier (259 cases, $26)
- Lewelling Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (664 cases), 2009 Wight Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (380 cases)
- Lewis Cellars; 2010 Hillstone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Napa Valley Merlot, 2011 Napa Valley Chardonnay, 2011 Sonoma Chardonnay
- Loos Family Winery; 2009 Santa Barbara White Hawk Vineyard Syrah
- Melka Wines; 2010 Napa Valley CJ Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mirror Wine Co; 2009 Howell Mountain Cimarossa Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Morlet Family Vineyards; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (275 cases, $250)
- O'Shaughnessy Estate Winery; 2009 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (2,900 cases, $80), 2009 Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon (750 cases, $100)
- Pahlmeyer; 2009 Napa Valley Proprietary Red
- Paul Hobbs Winery; 2010 Russian River Valley Ulises Valdez Vineyard Chardonnay ($70), 2010 Sonoma Mountain Richard Dinner Vineyard Cuvée Agustina Chardonnay ($100), 2010 Russian River Valley Edward James Estate Bato Selection Chardonnay ($75), 2010 Russian River Valley Edward James Estate Wente Selection Chardonnay ($75), 2010 Russian River Valley Katherine Lindsay Estate Cuvée Agustina Pinot Noir ($100), 2010 Russian River Valley Katherine Lindsay Estate Pinot Noir ($85), 2009 Napa Valley St. Helena Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($175), 2009 Napa Valley Oakville Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($275)
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2010 Zena Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Bella Vida Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Peter Michael Winery; 2009 L’Esprit des Pavots Estate Cabernet Blend ($94), 2011 L’Après-Midi Estate Sauvignon Blanc ($52), 2010 Mon Plaisir Chardonnay ($85), 2010 Ma Belle-Fille Estate Chardonnay ($90), 2010 Point Rouge Chardonnay ($185), 2010 Le Moulin Rouge Pinot Noir ($95), 2010 Le Caprice Estate Pinot Noir ($110), 2010 Ma Danseuse Estate Pinot Noir ($110), 2010 Clos du Ciel Estate Pinot Noir ($125)
- Ram's Gate Vineyards; 2009 Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (453 cases)
- Relic; 2011 Sonoma Coast The Sage Chardonnay (170 cases, $45), 2010 Napa Valley Frediani Vineyard Old Vines Petite Sirah (150 cases, $52), 2010 Napa Valley Scarpa Syrah (275 cases, $50), 2010 Sonoma Coast Avion Pinot Noir (150 cases, $58)
- Revenant Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (226 cases, $50)
- Robert Craig Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon ($70), 2009 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($80), 2009 Napa Valley Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($70), 2011 Sonoma Valley Durell Vineyard Chardonnay ($48)
- Shafer Vineyards; 2010 Merlot, 2009 Relentless Syrah
- Shane Wine Cellars; 2009 Bennett Valley Jemrose Vineyard Syrah, 2009 Bennett Valley Judge Vineyard Syrah
- Talley Vineyards; 2010 Stone Corral Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Rincon Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Rosemary's Vineyards Pinot Noir
- Tero Estates; 2010 Cutthroat Blend Syrah/Malbec (77 cases, $35), 2009/2010 Deep River Blend Cabernet Franc/Malbec ($29), 2010 Gamache Vineyard Malbec (121 cases, $37)
- The Four Graces; 2009 North Blocks Pinot Noir, 2009 South Blocks Pinot Noir
- Torii Mor Winery; 2010 Olalla Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Varozza Vineyards; 2008 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (230 cases, $75)
- VIADER Vineyards & Winery; 2009 Proprietary Cabernet Blend ($115), 2009 V Petit Verdot Blend ($150)
- Wing Canyon Vineyard; 2008 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Volumnia Red Wine Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc (450 cases, $35)
- Woodinville Wine Company; 2010 Little Bear Creek Red, 2009 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 86 winery information pages have been updated since July 15, 2012:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence Robert Fripp
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Forlorn Hope Wines,
Jelly Jar Wine,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery,
Vineyard 7 & 8,
Wharton Wines and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
Clicking on the above advertisement will open another browser window.
About: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2012 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, click here.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123