This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's June 15, 2012 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 1,869 winery listings strong.
Summer is upon us! Last weekend, my youngest niece (and goddaughter) received her teaching certificate from Cal Poly, in central California.
It was a gorgeous weekend and we were able to spend it with family and friends, celebrating Gaeby’s significant achievement.
My hat goes off to those who dedicate to lives to such noble professions as teaching, you are an inspiration to us.
As part of the weekend, we had dinner at Lido in Shell Beach, where the lead chef, Pandee Pearson, is a close long-time friend.
The meal was fabulous, although closely rivaled by the gorgeous views, as the restaurant is right on the coast.
In addition to trying a few items on their extensive wine list, we took advantage of one of our sponsor wines, 2008 Parry Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, which was an amazing pairing with the filet mignon special.
Pandee, Executive Chef at Lido and my daughter Mia.
In the late afternoon, after the graduation ceremony and before our late dinner reservations, we picked up fruit, fresh tortillas and various salsas from the local farmer’s market in Morro Bay, then sat out by the pool at my buddy’s house, looking out at the ocean, noshing on vegetables, crackers, cheese, our farmer’s market wares, and enjoyed a nice bottle of 2009 Alysian Russian River Valley Westside Farms Clone 4 Chardonnay.
The hints of mango, honey and lemon zest were a perfect complement to the food, atmosphere, and company.
Mia with my nieces Gaeby and her sister Kensey.
The summer weather has also afforded us great opportunity for entertaining in our (small) back patio at our home in San Francisco.
Our current favorite quick meal has been grilled trout (stuffed with lemon, herbs from the garden, and salt & pepper), grilled asparagus, jasmine rice, and a sorbet for dessert.
Add a bottle of 2009 Alysian Pinot Noir to bring out the earthiness of the trout, and you’ve got a perfect meal.
As I look out over the coming months, I see weekends of barbecues, a few local festivals, and of course, our annual abalone feed.
I hope that you each are working through plans to incorporate some of your favorite wines with upcoming summer activities.
And now, onto the wine.
June 2012 Wine Releases
- Abreu Vineyards; 2008 Madrona Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008 Cappella Cabernet Sauvignon
- Adams Bench; 2009 Red Mountain Red Wine (130 cases)
- Alta Colina; 2011 Grenache Blanc, 2010 Claudia Cuvee
- Alta Maria; 2010 Pinot Noir ($28)
- àMaurice Cellars; 2011 Walla Walla Estate Sparrow Viognier ($36), 2009 Walla Walla Estate Night Owl Red Blend ($47), 2009 Walla Walla Estate Amparo Malbec, 2009 Walla Walla Estate Fred Syrah
- Anam Cara Cellars; 2011 Nicholas Estate Dry Riesling, 2011 Nicholas Estate Riesling, 2011 Nicholas Estate Rose of Pinot Noir, 2011 Gewurztraminer Dessert Wine
- Anthill Farms Winery; 2010 Sonoma Coast Campbell Ranch Vineyard Chardonnay ($18)
- Beauregard Vineyards; 2010 Rosé of Syrah, 2011 Rosé of Pinot Noir
- Bogle Winery; 2011 Clarksburg Moscato, 2011 Clarksburg Petite Sirah Rosé, 2009 California Essential Red, 2010 California Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2010 Monterey County Arroyo Seco Lot 330 Chardonnay (5,040 cases, $14), 2009 Napa County Lot 250 Meritage (10,000 cases), 2009 Stags Leap Lot 323 Cabernet Sauvignon (600 cases, $20)
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards; 2011 Life Pinot Noir (200 cases, $35)
- Copain Wines; 2011 P2 Pinot Gris/Pinot Noir ($25)
- Coturri Winery; 2009 Mendocino Testa Vineyards Primitivo (165 cases, $30)
- Donkey and Goat (previously A Donkey and Goat); 2011 El Dorado Grenache Noir (175 cases, $27), 2011 El Dorado Grenache Blanc (250 cases, $27), 2011 El Dorado Improbable Chardonnay (75 cases, $24)
- Dutch Henry Winery; 2007 Argos Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc ($44)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2010 Morelli Lane Vineyard Zinfandel
- Eleven Winery; 2010 Yakima Valley Elephant Mountain Vineyard Syrah ($24), 2010 Yakima Valley Hangtime Syrah ($33), 2011 Yakima Valley Roussanne ($24)
- Figgins; 2009 Walla Walla Valley Estate Red Cabernet Sauvignon/PetiteVerdot/Merlot ($80), 2010 Estate Riesling
- Foundry Vineyards; 2011 White on White Viognier/Chardonnay/Roussanne/Orange Muscat (250 cases, $19)
- Howell at the Moon; 2008 Napa Valley Howell Mountain The Knoll Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Imagery Winery; 2011 Sonoma County Viognier ($29)
- Ingelnook (Formerly Niebaum-Coppola Estate Winery); 2009 Napa Valley Rutherford Cask Cabernet Sauvignon (7,250 cases, $75)
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2010 Barbera
- Kelleher; 2011 Block 21 Sauvignon Blanc (200 cases, $28)
- Ken Brown Wines; 2009 Sta. Rita Hills Cargasacchi Pinot Noir (169 cases, $50), 2010 Santa Maria Valley Nielson Vineyard Chardonnay (238 cases, $35), 2011 Santa Barbara County Rosie's Syrah Rosé (23 cases, $22)
- Kenzo Estate; 2011 Napa Valley Yui Rose, 2011 Napa Valley Asatsuyu Sauvignon Blanc
- La Frenz; 2011 Chardonnay, 2011 Rose, 2010 Montage, 2010 Malbec, 2010 Reserve Chardonnay, 2010 Reserve Pinot Noir, 2009 Grand Total Reserve, 2011 Vintage Port
- Lail Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Blueprint Sauvignon Blanc (675 cases, $35), 2010 Napa Valley Georgia Sauvignon Blanc (245 cases, $120)
- Lake Sonoma Winery; 2009 Lake Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel ($19)
- Londer Vineyards; 2009 Kent Ritchie Chardonnay ($39)
- Macauley Vineyard; 2009 Napa Valley Old Vine Zinfandel, 2009 Napa Valley Petite Sirah
- Mario Bazan Cellars; 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Middle Sister Wines; NV California Glamour Girl Bubbly Sweet White Wine
- Myriad Cellars; 2010 Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (94 cases, $60), 2010 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon (72 cases, $65), 2010 Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon (121 cases, $85), 2010 Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon (188 cases, $98), 2010 Rutherford McGah Family Vineyard Extended Elevage Semillon (47 cases, $28), 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (120 cases, $50)
- Peju Province Winery; 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2010 Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2009 Syrah
- Provenance Vineyards; 2009 Hewitt Double Plus Cabernet Sauvignon (150 cases)
- Quivet Cellars; 2010 Kenefick Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (96 cases, $68), 2010 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon (73 cases, $65), 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (96 cases, $48)
- Raymond; 2008 Generations Cabernet Sauvignon
- Relic; 2011 Sonoma Coast The Apothecary Rose (44 cases, $28)
- Revenant Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Cuvée Vallée Proprietary Blend (47 cases, $35)
- Ridge Vineyards; 2007 Dry Creek Valley Lytton Estate Syrah ($34)
- Round Pond; 2011 Sauvignon Blanc ($24), 2011 Rosato di Sangiovese ($24)
- Seghesio Family Vineyards; 2010 Costiera Pinot Noir ($42), 2009 San Lorenzo Zinfandel/Petite Sirah ($60)
- Selene Wines; 2010 Frediani Vineyard Merlot (300 cases, $35)
- Seven Stones; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (307 cases)
- Silver Mountain Vineyards; 2008 Estate Pinot Noir, 2008 Muns Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2007 Central Coast Syrah ($28)
- Silver Stag; 2010 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($35)
- Spring Valley Vineyard; 2009 Walla Walla Valley Frederick Red Wine Blend ($50)
- Sterling Vineyards; 2011 Muscat Canelli ($15 for 375ml), 2011 Mendocino County Late Harvest Riesling ($26 for 375ml), 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc ($35), 2008 North Coast Petite Sirah ($35)
- Talley Vineyards; 2010 Estate Pinot Noir
- Terra Valentine; 2011 Rose Cabernet Sauvignon/Sangiovese (85 cases, $25)
- TEXTBOOK; 2010 Napa Valley Fin de Journee Merlot
- The Four Graces; 2010 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- Tor Kenward Family Vineyard; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Hommage Allan Syrah
- Torii Mor Winery; 2010 Oregon Pinot Noir (3,580 cases, $24)
- TR Elliott; 2009 Queste Pinot Noir (358 cases, $44)
- VIADER Vineyards & Winery; 2011 DARE by Viader dry Rose
- William Church Winery; 2009 Syrah ($30)
- Woodhouse Family Cellars; 2010 Hudson Shah Viognier, 2011 Kennedy Shah Auntie Meredith's Picnic Blend ($12)
- Woodinville Wine Company; 2011 Mourvedre Rose (46 cases), 2011 Sauvignon Blanc
- ZD Wines; 2011 Napa Valley Rosa Lee Grenache Rosé (22 cases)
July 2012 Wine Releases
- 12C Wines; 2010 Napa Valley Rutherford Beckstoffer Georges III Cabernet Sauvignon
- Anam Cara Cellars; 2011 Nicholas Estate Chardonnay
- Bishop’s Peak; 2011 Riesling
- Brown Estate Vineyards; 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $60), 2010 Napa Valley Westside Zinfandel (250 cases, $50)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2011 Green Valley Vineyard Gewurztraminer, 2011 Marin County Riesling
- Fulcrum Wines; 2010 Sonoma Coast Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (189 cases, $56), 2010 Russian River Valley Floodgate Vineyard Pinot Noir (95 cases, $54), 2010 North Coast On Point Christinna's Cuvee Pinot Noir (242 cases, $36)
- Hugo Family Cellars; 2011 Veris Sauvignon Blanc
- Passalacqua Winery; 2010 Lavender Hill Primitivo
- Robert Craig Winery; 2010 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Zinfandel ($50)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2011 Sauvignon Blanc (100 cases, $15)
- Selene Wines; 2011 Hyde Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (792 cases, $28)
- Smasne Cellars; 2009 Phinny Hill Carmenere (126 cases), 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon (136 cases), 2010 Columbia Valley Malbec (245 cases)
- The Four Graces; 2010 Yamhill Carlton Reserve Pinot Noir
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 90 winery information pages have been updated since May 15, 2012:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Come friends, come let us drink again, This liquid from the nectar vine, For water makes you dumb and stupid, I learn this from the fishes. Old Dutch Fisherman Song
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Forlorn Hope Wines,
Jelly Jar Wine,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery,
Vineyard 7 & 8,
Wharton Wines and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
Clicking on the above advertisement will open another browser window.
About: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2012 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, click here.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123