WineRelease.com's June 15, 2003 Monthly Newsletter
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 808 wineries strong! 17 new wineries have been added since last issue.
I am always looking at ways to improve this newsletter and have added a new feature beginning this issue. After the release information, winery mailing list and web site recommendations below, there is a list of winery additions/changes since the last newsletter.
Clicking on the winery will take you to the information page for that winery where you can review the new information.
And now, on to the show...
July 2003 Wine Releases
- Andersen Vineyards; 2001 Romantic Red (Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot)
- Bargetto Winery; 2000 California Merlot, 2002 Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Grigio
- Casa Nuestra; 2000 Estate Reserve Cabernet Franc, 2001 Oakville Old Vine Field Blend Tinto Classico
- Davis Bynum Winery; 2000 Russian River Valley Laureles Estate Bottled Merlot
- Domaine Meriwether; 1999 Captain Wm Clark Cuvée Brut
- Galante Vineyards ; 2001 Blackjack Pasture Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001 Red Rose Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001 Estate Merlot, 2001 Estate Pinot Noir
- Gary Farrell; 2000 Sonoma County Hillside Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001 Russian River Valley Starr Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Hollywood and Vine Cellars; 2002 Chardonnay
- Kunde Estate Winery; 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001 Wildwood Chardonnay, 2001 Kinneybrook Chardonnay, 2001 C.S. Ridge Chardonnay, 2002 Viognier, 2001 Reserve Chardonnay
- Mosby Winery; 2002 Rosato di Sangiovese, 2002 Traminer
- Ortman Family Vineyards; 2001 San Luis Obispo County Syrah
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2002 Vintage Selection Dry Creek Valley Chardonnay, 2000 Midnight Run Zinfandel
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2001 Oregon Syrah
- Ponzi Vineyards; NV Rosato, 2002 Pinot Gris
- Richardson Vineyards; 2001 Sangiacomo Merlot
- Sawyer Cellars; 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2000 Bradford Meritage, 2000 Merlot
- Spencer-Roloson Winery; 2000 Sueno Vineyard Syrah, 2002 Sueno Vineyard Viognier, 2002 Balyeat Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2000 Alexander Valley Zinfandel
- Stonefly Vineyard; 2001 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc, 2000 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
June's recommended winery mailing lists to join:
One of the more famous red wine producers is Ridge. Although they specialize in Zinfandel, their Monte Bello is a blend of bordeaux varietals and one of the winery's most sought after wines.
Ridge mailing list information.
Ridge WineRelease information.
Owners of the Hayne Vineyard, Andy and Pam Simpson now bottle wine under their own label, S.E. Chase Family Cellars. Planted in 1903, the vines are head pruned, dry-farmed and are planted on St. George rootstock. The sandy-gravely soil combined with a slight slope consistently produces the most exuberant and expressive Zinfandel grapes in the Napa Valley. These unique grapes create one of the heartiest, most robust Zinfandels in California. Dark fruits, coffee, mocha and licorice flavors highlight this balanced and full bodied Zin. Very small production at under 1000 cases.
Chase Cellars mailing list information.
Chase Cellars WineRelease information.
June's recommended web site to visit:
55 Degrees wine storage facility
If you live in a non-recipricol state and have problems getting wine shipped to you, an alternative is to rent a wine locker and have the wine shipped there.
Karen and Neil Aldoroty are the proprietors of 55 Degrees in St. Helena and are ready and willing to help you out with your wine storage needs. Many wineries ship wine to 55 degrees at no charge.
The following winery information pages have been updated since 5/15/2003
Winery Name; Winery Location